Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:44 pm 
This is an attempt at a "macro" shot. I am open to any advice, as I am new to both my camera, and photography. The picture turned out like wanted it to in terms of the focus and position of the flower although it feels dull/ soft to me.

Made some minor adjustments with brightness/ contrast. Also added very minor saturation. Seems to make a world of a difference! Next time I`ll try to take the picture "right" :)

Made another attempt at a new flower today, this time shooting RAW... Should have framed it a little to the left :P:

Canon T1i - 18-55mm IS
f/5.6
1/60sec.
ISO400
55mm focal

Last edited by heli-tim on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:53 pm 
Equipment used?

Camera Body...Lens used

Also please include....Shutter Speed, ISO, F/stop

Picture looks fine, but it's nothing special...Good practice attempt though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:17 pm 
Sorry, I have added information to the original post. Although I don't know much about this yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:26 pm 
I like the way this one turned out better then the last one! If only I framed it a little to the left...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:14 pm 
are you using Canon's DPP software to edit, and are you shooting in RAW?

When I was starting I shot in jpg and now when I go back to edit an old jpg I hate it. I'm not don't know how to do much in photoshop at all so everything I do is through DPP. JPG might edit well in other programs good but not DPP. So try that. It edits so much cleaner lets you try out white balances, really whatever it edits in jpg, it just seems much cleaner in RAW, and I always have to sharpen and boost color in most my images, that's just the way I like most of mine. I was a newbie 4 years ago, this site has helped a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:00 am 
These were shot in jpeg but now that I know the difference I have been shooting in raw. I did use DPP for these, but have recently been fooling around with GIMP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:04 pm 
I had previously stated that I shot in JPEG, but after checking, it turns out that I actually shot the last one in RAW.