Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:11 am 
Im stoaked on my image with my own reflection in a mates eye. This was shot on a 7D with e EF-S 60mm f/2.8. Shot at like maybe f/3.5, SS 1/200th and iso 100 if I remember correctly

TO SEE FACEBOOK PAGE LINKING TO PHOTO FOLLOW LINK:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=159361884093369&set=a.138895029473388.20433.138891932807031&pid=408566&id=138891932807031

What Id like to see is other photographers creativity and how they got the shot. Maybe their reflection in a drop of water, dew, earrings... im not too sure what can be done and hasn't been tried before but interesting to find out. Making it more difficult you could try capturing another image within like a biker going over a jump caught in action instead of yourself??

I've never used a macro lens and was the first time using one and keen to see what else people show me. happy to answer questions if problems.

Push boundaries.
cheers stefan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:26 pm 
Site Admin

Fantastic image Stefan!

Was it a challenge to get the image and reflection sharp? Did you take one photo or lots of pictures to get this one?

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:48 pm 
haha id like to say I got it instantly but no took quite a few images then found using AI Servo worked best as this was all handheld. So the slightest movement at that aperture/distance would miss the DOP in focus I was after

cheers stefan

Last edited by TappedNZ on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:19 am 
That is an amazing shot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:32 am 
awesome and brilliant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:28 am 
Perfect. I was not expecting this image when I opened the topic -- a pleasant surprise, indeed.

I like your "I'm concentrating" and/or "this is frustrating" face :wink:

Excellent result!

- Colleen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:47 am 
haha thanks but the shadows covering my mouth where im pulling wacky faces each time. Probably spent more time on my faces haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:56 pm 
TappedNZ wrote:
What Id like to see is other photographers creativity and how they got the shot...

...id like to say I got it instantly but no took quite a few images then found using AI Servo worked best as this was all handheld.

I like how your camera seems to be the pupil in his eye. Looks awesome!

I was taking a shot of my friend's eye in the pub a few months ago and spotted that I was reflected in her pupil. I decided to try and get a self portrait and I also found it challenging to get proper focus - AF wasn't really working as it was too dark so I ended up going manual.

I'm pleased with the result after a little creative PP :)

Canon 7D with Canon EF-S 60mm macro lens - 1/250 @ f5.6
Canon 580EXII flash with LumiQuest Big Bouce camera left

Last edited by brickdog on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Watch crown
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:31 pm 
And here's another one I got while taking some snaps of my friend's watch. The watch was in its box and this was taken outside. I was on a tripod this time so the focus wasn't quite so difficult.

Canon 40D with Canon EF 100mm L macro - 1/25 @ f2.8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:27 pm 
sick! that eye is sweet, such a large pupil. Looks great using the flash!!!

The watch one it took a second look to see it but once spotting i got a good laugh. wicked!!
Good work! love to see what other people come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:12 am 
came across this shot that related to this post. amazingly was shot on a powershot s1 is, my first camera!

This crazy self-portrait was taken using the tiny reflection in the tip of a ballpoint pen. Russian photographer Alexey Arkhipov modified a Canon PowerShot S1 IS, adding a custom (and cheap) lens setup to achieve this super-macro shot. Head on over to his blog post if you’d like to learn how it was done and how to do this yourself (you might have to use Google Translate).
[url]http://community.livejournal.com/ru_macro/756116.html[url][/url]

enjoy and keep them coming
cheers stefan