Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Flowers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:25 am 
A big hello to all you guys and girls on the forum. I just wanted to share some of my macro pictures I shot close to where I live. They are not so great since I'm really not a expert. A little PP was involved. I hope I will link the images correctly.

Cheers.

Picture of a Dandelion.

Not really sure which flower this is. :D

Tree sprouting it's leaves.

A Dandelion again.

I'm not sure of which flower this is again.

Sprouting.

Fir cones.

Bananas in HDR + Tonemapped

I hope you enjoyed looking at the photos, and all coments on how to improve my photography are welcome. All the photos were taken on the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:09 am 
Hi and welcome to the Camera Labs forum.

You may want to know that the forum rules allow for posting photos with a maximum width of 1024 pixels so you could have posted your photos directly in the thread in that size. It makes it more user friendly to view them as it saves quite a bit on mouse clicks. You could consider editing your posting accordingly.

Superzooms are quite good at macro photography. I enjoy it myself too.

Thomas has recently started a 'Definitive' roses thread so if you have some (more) of those your contribution will be welcomed there too.

Although it's not really a macro shot I like the bananas. They don't grow where I live so I don't get the chance to shoot them.

For advice I'd suggest looking a bit more into composition. In all these photos the subject is smack in the middle of the frame.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:46 pm 
Thank you on the feedback. Basically I'm not that good on composing so I just pop my subjects in the middle. As of conserning the flower macro pictures theese are more or less my best ones so far, but if you are interested, I would gladly show you some of my owl closeup pictures that I took just yesterday. I like your photos aswell. They are quite nice.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:34 pm 
I think the most important thing about composition is that you should always try to be aware of the aspect. If you read this little tutorial you're off to a good start. As mentioned there experiment with cropping your photos in your favourite photo editor to develop a sense of composition.

Ben