Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:09 am 
I wanted to try something different from what I normally do. I would really like to get some feedback about the PP work that I did here.
I don't really like all the HDR/Tone Mapping, well when it's used in extreme but I wanted to try something of that nature to see if I could put my own spin on it. All the techniques are my own and not from a tutorial or plugin/action.
I would love some feedback. I can take it. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:25 am 
This "effect" has been getting very popular over the last few years. It's a good effect and can offer beautiful results depending on how the photograph was taken, and how the editing was done.

There is more than one way to get this type of effect, but the most common is Dodge/Burn, USM, and HP filters.

I think you did some great processing and got a nice result in the end.

I'm glad there are no halos too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:15 am 
thanks Sdrummer. I know the "effect" "technique" whatever you want to call it has been popular for a while now. Honestly, I am really sick of seeing it. lol At the same time, I wanted to try something without over doing it. I really cant stand when images have halos.
This was done just to see what I could do with it. For fun.
Thanks for the feedback. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:47 am 
It's all good :D

I've found that the best results come from outdoor shots. The amount of light and the wrap-around lighting is great for this type of editing.

Keep it up and definitely show us what you've created!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:07 pm 
Let me first say, I think you've taken a really good picture. Nice composition, good focus, interesting subjects, and good colour. It has a story that anyone viewing it can take away. In my opinion that's a good picture. The PP enhances the image and makes the colours and highlights pop. It's a very nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:09 am 
thanks. I still dont know how I feel about the PP work. Honestly though, when I look at it, I feel like I have enhanced the experience one would get from viewing it. On the other hand, I wonder if I over did it.
thank you to all that have commented so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:36 pm 
I really like the outcome of your post processing. Since you aren't sure if you like what you did, can we see the original prior to the post processing? I love the photo and it definitely speaks to me.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:19 pm 
Care to share what you did in the post processing?? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:32 am 
Mstone, you asked for some CC to some of your work. Having looked back at what's already been said in your threads, I find something's missing on this one.

The effect is just about alright and isn't excessive but it is now over-popularised. What hasn't been said much is the composition. The three subjects are well placed but I feel it's too tight on the right of the frame with the woman's foot right on the edge. I'd like to have seen a bit more space on the right so the foot isn't marginally cropped.

What has to be praised though is the control of lighting - the trees above have acted nicely as a diffuser and to dictate which way the light enters the frame.

Thanks for sharing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:23 am 
Welly wrote:
Care to share what you did in the post processing?? :)

lol I would, if I could remember. Honestly, I just messed around in photoshop with it.

Thanks Photoj- appreciate the comment. I didnt crop the image. Most work was done in RAW editing in Photoshop. I have to say though, I actually really like the composition in this image. Nothing was set up, it was a moment that was caught. There is a great story behind the photo that I am working on. I am going to be uploading it to my website this weekend. Thanks again for checking it out and for commenting. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:35 am 

I think it's brilliant. The crop is a bit tight on the right but the PP is lovely. You can almost reach out and touch these people. I'd love to know how you achieved such a subtle result.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head