Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: First ever Pic
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:52 am 

OK so I am a complete novice when it comes to photography and when I say complete novice I mean complete novice lol!

I am still trying to understand ISO and Apperture etc and I purchased Lightroom the other day and haven't really got a clue what I am doing on it but this is my first ever attempt. It's of my daughter Isabella and although it's not a natural finish to the photo I quite liked it...The picture was taken with a Fujifilm S9600.

Go Easy on me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:09 am 

I quite like it, Why? It looks like she is having a blast and is on the move (Which she probably was) and i m big fan of cross processing colors or giving them the "retro" effect

Now i just gotta find out what the Fujifilm S9600 is, how you liking Lightroom?

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:28 am 

Thanks for the feedback Alex, and your right she was on the move!....in fact trying to get her to stand still to take a photo is near on impossible, I suppose that's why I like this one.

As for Lightroom, I think it's going to be a really useful peice of software. The problem is due to my complete lack of photography knowledge I haven't got a clue what half of the options relate to or what they do so I tend to just move random bits about at the moment and see what I like and what I don't like, but as I slowly build up my knowledge base I think it's going to be quite enjoyable playing around with images on there.