Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Snowboarder
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:59 am 

A photograph of a friend of mine from the top of Whistler mountain in British Columbia. It's had some post-processing done :) But I liked how this one worked out as a portrait photo of Paul. His grin is a mixture of aggression and mirth, and it'd been a brilliant day for snowboarding so I think his face reflects that somewhat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:18 am 

I like this shot alot, you know what would have been great tho. As he has a beard i m very used to seeing some snow on it when they are boarding or skiing, that would have been the icing on the cake if you would have had that!!

nice post processing i think its works quite nice with the reflection on the shades!

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:29 am 

Excellent shot! I think you should have saved this for the assignment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:25 pm 

Is'nt it funny, how some peoples personality, and love of life transend the lens? Your capture here, and choice of post processing technicue catapult the "two demensional" into the realm of.."personality processing"..your enhancement allows us to "see" who Paul is...right before he throws himself down the hill, that energy is up, and you can see it...no doubt.

I wouldn't take the keys away from him, but I know I could never keep up with him...good job, Welly, great capture, wonderful post processing equal a personality filled portrait of a man on the verge of an adventure...whoohoooooo....look out world...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:48 pm 

grahamnp wrote:
Excellent shot! I think you should have saved this for the assignment!

Had I taken the photo a week or so later, then I would have done :) Unfortunately it was taken in April. Damn!