Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Prom help!? updated
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:37 pm 
Hey, i have a Canon 40D with the EF-S 17-85 IS USM kit and internal but no external flash. I am ashamed to admit that i haven't had much of a chance to play around with it due to exam preperation for college. Not enough to get a full idea of how it works best in different situations anyway.

My leavers prom/ball whatever you call it is coming up (May 17th) and i am taking my camera to get some photo's for theyearbook and to print. I'm sure that the camera would do a sterling job on auto or portrait with flash, however i am looking for the optimum result, so i wondered if anyone can give me some advice on what settings i can use to get good photos in what will probably be very dark conditions or under the harsh lighting which will no doubt be used in the hotel.
Also whereas i understand that a tripod would be ideal, i will be walking round with the camera taking photo's as well so any comments about how to get minimum blur (from people moving) would be appreiated as it is something which sometimes lets my photo's down.

I know it doesn't sound improtant but any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Last edited by retrofire on Wed May 07, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:47 pm 
Well, what lens do you plan on using? You need to let us know how fast it is (f number) and the focal length. And I'm assuming you have only the built-in flash, correct?