Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: rock n' roll baby!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:33 am 
Well i had the morning of and decided to go for a crazy portrait which i m now currently in love with! I think its looks really cool!

I really recommend checking it out on black background it looks wicked :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:39 am 
Looks great mate :)

Although I think it would look even better if the legs were not in the shot at all and was cropped just above the waist, it just seems a little out of proportion to me, but that's just my opinion :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:46 am 
Well that was because i couldnt get a whole body shot from the start :)

maybe next time i will try to fix that and move back a bite more, this was shot at 18mm from the begging with the Sb 600 and some sun, just playing around! This is loads of fun if you ask me, takes about 3h or so to do it , but i m starting to get a good hang of it and it coming along faster!

Thanks Mark :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:51 am 
What plugin are you using?

You should definitely do a tutorial on that style of processing mate looks pretty wicked and I can see a fair few applications for it (plus photoshop tuts always go down well for visitor counts from the SE's :D )

EDIT:

Btw I emailed you a little earlier :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:03 pm 
What plugin's? I think your referring to photoshop, and then the great pen toll gradients clouds the list is pretty long, when i m finally done i have about 20+ layers!

Got your mail, and replied to it :)

I m going to try to do a tutorial for this, but i want to make it mine for a while :) so people can copy it later on hehe. (Selfish :P) Its going to be a VERY long tutorial but wheni have the time for it i will sit down and get started.

You do loads of things from this, my my inspiration comes from Chuch Anderson, he has done some color full images, but i decided to go in a bit different direction. But still working with colors and trying to apply some movement to the images.

I seriously need to start scouting for models :)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:10 pm 
How is this done?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:53 pm 

It is Alex, and his magic, once again..this is really fun, and very inventive..way to go Alex..HEY, wasn't there a disco DUCK? I am thinking da Duck o'the Day might benefit from extra color and sparkles...

This is really nice work, Alex.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:04 pm 
I can give it a go, with the disco duck!

i will just get the right image and i will do it :)

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:12 pm 

alex, you could create an action of it, and or a droplet. I'd host it for you if you'd like.

my Blog
"Photography isn't so much about the results as it is the collective experience, your interactions with people and with the world"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:49 pm 
Create an action? Wow man thats pretty hardcore :)

well i dont think an action would be any good for when it comes to the "light painting" parts because that was using the pen tool...

but as for the colour full background i think it could be possible, but then everyone would knw what i m doing :) and i would use the uniqueness :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:45 pm 
So, how is it done? I am fascinated. Is it all photo shop?