Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:37 pm 
Well as i stated on a few other posts i started doing this project called "100 Strangers" and i got my first real go yesterday after work, her name is Mikaela and she was out on a date that time that i was out

I was actually laying on the floor lining up a shot, when her date approached me to ask me questions about my camera more then willingley i described to him what i had and he sounded very intrested, while he was speaking my project bumped into my head. So after a few mintues i started to ask them question what they were doing out here, what they etc. Just to get to know them! I asked both if they wanted to a part of this project but the date didn't want to so i said OK no problem, how about you? She said sure i would love to!

So walked around with them for a while (talk about beeing a third wheeler) and i found a really nice location, that i though would work for her personality she told me she was very laid back put still very happy! but a bit stiff at the same time. So as for a fist go what do you think of my results.

I used my Sb 600 lightning wasn't so good and shot on auto because i m not 100% sure of what i m doing, plus i didn't want to look like a fool! I did get very nervous when taking the picture tho which was quite interesting!

Enough yapping here is the shot:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:47 pm 

Really nice picture mate :)

Glad you took the opertunity, great result.

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:46 pm 

Malmö must be a safe city if you are comfortable wandering off with a couple of strangers. 8)

It's a nice shot though maybe the object in the background (is it a hinge?) is a little too close to her head? :?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:28 pm 
Not bad, though it desperately needs that metalwork behind her head cloned out and for a little straightening. The pose isn't entirely natural, but it fits the context of the background you've chosen.

I look forward to seeing more of your 100 portraits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:23 am 
This is straight out from the camera no cropping no nada, so i just wanted to see if i was on the right path. I have no problem here in Sweden its relatively safe during the day, and these people looked harmless to me, so i decided to go for it!

I have to start seeing those types of things really i didn't see that metal peace until you guys mentioned it! 99 to go and i m hoping i can get some good ones, i know this homeless guy that walks about around on the street but he is an alcoholic, but his face looks like it got several stories to tell, i seen him several times over the years but i m still very sketchy towards asking him because you never know with people like him

As for the metal thing in the back its part of the background holding that glass wall together i think, i need to start spotting that directly! I only took one shot because i didn't want to spoil their date

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:46 am 
Nice idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:38 am 

I'd sugest giving him some money, even though he might spend it on alcohol, it might get him something to eat.

I'd also suggest if possible, getting full names and e-mail address [where possible obviously] so that you can contact them and send them a high resolution photo.

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:05 am 
DD_nVidia wrote:
I'd sugest giving him some money, even though he might spend it on alcohol, it might get him something to eat.

I m not going to support his habit, for me to get a photograph!

I do get their emails addresses. i recently sent the Oscar pics to himself and he loved them and i sent this image over as we ll :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:06 am 

fair enough.

I just read it was good practice in a photography magazine when taking photographs of people who are homeless or in poverty.

MY FLICKR!