Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mardi Gras
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:55 am 
Here are some photos of a Mardi Gras. :)

Click on each for Flickr page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:54 am 

I know mardi gras is a festival, but what kind of festival is it more exactly? Looks very bizarre :)

I like the shots, especially nr 2, the reds look really nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:24 am 

It is very bizarreand more than a little bit wild...lol...it happens in New Orleans, at least the "Big Easy" is known for that, (Mardi Gras...means fat Tuesday)..it happens before the "lent" season, That time period when people of Catholic faith give things up ...so fat Tuesday is right before Ash Wednesday...it is one big old party, lots of crimes, lots of crazy stuff. Drinking, and all sorts of heinous activity go on. Generally not for the faint of heart, after dark..

Good parades, tho...

Google it..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:19 am 
Sounds like a good old party :)! Well thanx for explaining patty, i alwasy wanted to knw but never really took the effort in wanting to find out!

Thats guy on the fist image looks like a homlessguy?!

I like the clown picutre tho, intresting how she/he seems so sad!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:23 pm 
hey where are all the pictures of the women at night with the beads and the alcohol etc etc etc ? :P Or are we at the wrong mardi gras?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:37 pm 
Gregory.Rotter wrote:
hey where are all the pictures of the women at night with the beads and the alcohol etc etc etc ? :P Or are we at the wrong mardi gras?

HAHAH i think some one has been watching girls gone wild a lill too much

that line made me crack up soo hard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:18 pm 
Gregory.Rotter wrote:
hey where are all the pictures of the women at night with the beads and the alcohol etc etc etc ?

This isn't that kind of forum. :roll:

Now, there is something wrong in photo number 4. Can anyone spot what it is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:26 pm 
luis wrote:
Now, there is something wrong in photo number 4. Can anyone spot what it is?

Are you referring to the rather interesting handholding technique in the foreground?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:00 pm 
Photoj wrote:
Are you referring to the rather interesting handholding technique in the foreground?

Precisely. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:17 pm 
luis wrote:
Gregory.Rotter wrote:
hey where are all the pictures of the women at night with the beads and the alcohol etc etc etc ?

This isn't that kind of forum. :roll:

of course it isnt, but if you could send me some of those photos that you have stashed away not for the forum, be sure to send them my way :wink: j/k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:06 am 

EDIT: Veeerrry long line removed as it broke the forum frame making other posts unreadable. Bob Andersson.

just drew the line..._____________________________________

Luis doesn't have any of those beads photos...

It is a party, but a little scary...I was only there once...and that was the day after, and it was STILL scary...lots of out of control people...and lots of THEFT...as in CAMERA theft...
You know Nahlins..(New Orleans) is a pretty dark place...spirit wise...lots of Voodoo...the place to go is to the Cemetery, where all of the graves are ABOVE ground, because, the water table is so high...one word of caution...do NOT go there at night, it is quite unruly..local gangs hang out there, and you are not "welcome"..but if you go to the city, take the day time tour, LOTS of vampire stuff, lots and lots of little shops, and GREAT
GREAT
GREAT

Food.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:30 am 
Whoa..that was a big line to draw.

(in fact, so long it breaks the forum..lol.)

I haven't been to mardi gras, but to one of the biker-meets in Key West - and the pictures form there aren't suited for these forums either..lol.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:45 am 

ok, ok. now it is a short line, thank you Bob...
when I first drew the line, it was nice, and it was only a little long...but four lines all told...I will watch my line making...from now on...perhaps just
a
little
dash,
or two.

____
____

there.
lol...

yeah, those biker chicks, now they know how to be wild.
Stay away from em, Lah.
Next thing ya know you will have Brutus and Bruno in a side car, with little black jackets, and chains.

patti