Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The photographer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:34 am 
I am not quite sure if this is the correct section, but it was the nearest I could find. I would also like to mention that these shots are not technically great, I am just sharing the moment and the fun story with you guys.

A couple of weeks ago I had to take some action shots, never having taken anything like that before I decided to pop along to a local football match with the intention of grabbing some goal scoring shots. There was actually three goals scored that day "I missed them all :oops: " I was given a free reign from the owners of the football club to go down to the lines and just "get on with it". Boy was I intimidated when I seen the press photographers there. This guy in praticular facinated me, I found myself wanting to take pictures of him instead of the match. So here goes.

In this first shot you will notice he is tinkering around with a remote control of some kind!

Crafy old man, look where the remote reciever is placed

Check out the size of the lense. On that day I had my trusty old S9600 with me but I was not intimadated :lol: :lol: :lol:

There were several photographers there that day, but none dressed as trendy as this one

All said and done I did complete the task for the day and caught a few action shots, though not great. I enjoyed the day and the experience immensley.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:11 am 
Thanks for that Ormina :cry: you have now got me and Bob dribbling all down the front of our cardi's :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:43 am 
I know what you mean Defiance, Amazing kit. There was also quite a few amateur photographers around the pitch, obviously looking for the golden shot to earn them a few shillings.

Oh forgot to mention the score on that day was East Fife 3 Forfar 0, pretty cool considering it was played on home ground.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:31 pm 
ormina wrote:
Oh forgot to mention the score on that day was East Fife 3 Forfar 0

Thats interesting, I can remember watching somewhere some time ago a "Spoof Football Pools" on some comedy show this score East Fife 5 Forfar 4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:40 pm 
Question ormina... why did you take the S9600 instead of your 40D?? Or even taken both and do what that guys doing.. setting one up behind the net.. you could've went head to head with him :D.. But hey im sure there was a reason but im just kinda confused... If it was me i wouldve grabbed a 40D and the 400D and went right to the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:16 pm 
OMG... what the heck was that lens ? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:57 pm 
Well, the monopod seems to be of high quality. :twisted:

I'm not sure about the bigger lens, but the smaller seems to be the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM.

Did he have three or just two 1Ds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:58 pm 
To answer your question emp93. When I took these shots we did not have the 40D, it is a new addition to our camera family which is all now canon. The 400D belonged to my hubbie and I had not used it yet. I now use the 400D most of the time and the G9 a real nifty little camera. the 40D is being broken in by my husband and then we shall share. It is a big heavy beastie of a camera once you put the flash and battery grip on :) Our intention was to eventually be sharing the same lenses a much more beneficial way to save money. The S9600 has gone to my son in law for his fishing photo's and trips.

I think the photographer had three camera's two with him and one behind the goal. I do have a couple of other shots taken of him from different angles. I shall check again and if they show any different details I shall re size and post them.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:37 pm 
Site Admin

For the trainspotters out there (respect due Roy!), name the lens!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:29 am 

looks like a 500mm...F/5.6? i dunno lol wild guess.

Ormina - East Fife you say...where was this match about? [could be in east fife! Which would be good for me =D]

I've yet to get into a sporting event to take photos, or any type of "event" to take photos but hopefully i'll do that soon :)

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:39 am 

Wonderful O. just perfect...that lens..yikes...we are gonna have to save some serious money for something like that...oh, ten thousand dollars..

Roy. No Fear. You can stop trains, and I have seen them.

No dribblin on your cardies. When I win the lottery, I will buy you boys both giant lenses that you will require suitcases for.
best to save this, because I do intend to win...
sheesh.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:02 am 
nikon monopod :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:27 am 
Well! I think there are a couple of little green eyed monster out there :lol: :lol: :lol: ( myself included ) But to be honest I would not know what to do with a lense like that!

DD-nVidia

The shots were taken in East Fife football grounds, which is just accross the road from me. I asked the management if I could pop inside to take some shots earlier that day as I needed a building/structure shot for my module/photography course. I thought that perhaps the football stand would be a good and different subject. The guy was great told me "yes" no problem but why don't you come back later and take some real action shots. I stayed for the whole match which was pretty cool, especially as the home team won that day. If you are not familiar with that neck of the woods, you should pop down and visit what remains of the old dockyards, a pandoras box of images there for you to take.

I did have a look at the other shots I have and they are pretty much the same with reagrds the the views of the camera and lense

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:50 pm 

Ah right I know where it is now!

I live near Lochgelly, just the next stop down the A92.

Was it really that easy to get in and take photographs...wow...I imagined it to be some sort of proverbial brick wall lol!

I might give them a phone or something, see if I can pop along and take some shots now and again for experience sake :)

As for the dockyard, i thought for a second you ment rosyth lol, but yeah I don't go to kirckaldy much really, its sort of the opposite direction to where I normally go. BUT next time I am down thay way, i'll probably bring my camera and I'll be sure to get a good few snaps of it :)

Cactus V2s Wireless Trigger - 5 x Cactus V2s Wireless Reciever

MY FLICKR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:25 pm 
DD-nVidia

It's not Kirkcaldy where I live. East Fife football ground is in Leven :D

But don't let that stop you from going along to the football grounds and exploring around. The whole expeerience of walking around the football grounds whilst the match was on going was a real buzz. Except ofcourse when the whole two football teams come hurtling towards you chasing the ball :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Scary moments. Obviously you get some supporters asking you to take their picture as they think they are going to end up in the papers or something.

Cheers Ormina