Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:40 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:47 pm 
this one is titled 'stories'. my mom and my sister sharing stories over a photo album at a 4th of july party.

this one is titled 'glare'.. my sister shields her eyes from the glare of the summer sun. taken at the same party.

both of these were taken on 100 speed tmax with my canon rebel 2000 and the 70-300 usm lens. the exposure settings escape me. summer '03.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

Classy shots b... Tmax was a nice film - which one did you use? As I recall they did a crazy high speed one - maybe 3200 ISO?

Are these crops or the full frames? The Borders also frame them nicely...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:37 pm 
this was 100 speed - i never used anything faster than 400 simply because i loved to make large prints in the darkroom.

these are full-frame... very very high resolution (6400 ppi) scans of the original negatives with an epson perfection v700 photo scanner. i think of all of 2003, these were my very favorite two shots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:42 am 

way to go, b...and a big thank you for helping me.

I like the one of your sister better, but wish you would post that bed head one...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:43 am 
patti - i did put it up:) and the one of her with zarrah. plus one of her showing her sunny side - go look:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:06 am 
A pair of very fine shots there b.

Nothing beats good film and you images indicate why :-)

I realize you can't go back and re-do them, but I must confess that in the first one, the fore- an background distinction is a little confused in the top left corner where her nose is kinda dipping into the face of the pool-dweller in the background.

The image is strong because of "the moment" between the two ladies in the foreground. The pool-dweller is detracting a little bit from that.

Regardless, those a good shots and I like them.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:44 am 
Very iconic shots b.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:55 pm 
Nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:58 pm 
lah - i agree with you that the 'floater' (lol) is distracting. i was taking a class at the time and my instructor thought it was hilarious when she saw the print.

in the silver lab i think i may have dodged it out a little to make it less noticeable and pop my sister's head out from the background a little but the dodge tool in cs3 just doesn't work well imo. not the way lab dodging does, anyway.