Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: hope this works.....
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:22 am 

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2404/221 ... e049f3.jpg

if this works.......
let me see here, where are you guys when I need ya....
ok, I am gonna try it...

oh, foooey...I thought the photo would come up here...lol..

my bad

well, unless you trot over to the place where this really is, I guess I failed at my solo attempt.
took this in October, at a ranch roping competition, with a point and shoot, while I was tryng to decide what kinda big camera I wanted.
Oiy. So when I tell you it is dusty dirty and sometimes even bloody...you get the idea of what this is about...those reatas, are about 60-70 feet long, (that is the coiled rope, that looks like loops..they even call this sort of roping a "big loop" competition..it is made of braided rawhide) Like Orimas dog agility stuff, these guys are in a class by themselves..
When you wonder what I do, this is it..

Hope you like him...I call him "Caramel Cowboy"

patti

EDIT: Hi patti, Click the Edit button of this post to see how I displayed your picture below. Bob Andersson.

Last edited by patti on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:39 am 

whoooohoooooo! thanks Bob...so my solo effort was an "Almost" !!! I was doin good to find the link part on the flikr site.. am sure glad you know how to do this...I see the little bracket do dads.

Unleashed a monster, I fear...lol ...couldn't be happier, thank you so much for your kindness, and all of your help!
I am going to go try to down load the pictures of flowers, from the floats
in Pasadena from the Rose Parade...

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:42 pm 
Very nice shot patti!!

It displays well the tools of the trade in a nice range of brown and beige hues. I shall not venture a guess about whether you call hi caramel cowboy because of the colors or because you find him yummy, but it is a nice image indeed.

Hope to see more images from you - roping, ranching and "cowboy-ing" (sorry, city-slicker term from someone who doesn't know the lingo) in general makes for high drama and dynamics!

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:27 pm 
Thanks for sharing, Patti. I can't help think that your shot would have been far more effective if you shot it with the subject facing you, rather than from behind. I'm afraid the subject and the lighting doesn't capture my interest.

I don't mean to be negative, but that's what I feel when I look at your shot. But do keep taking photos!

Last edited by Photoj on Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:04 pm 

No problemo, photoj...I don't take many things as a Negative..the place to grow, is here..and your good critique is just as valid as anyone elses..I will confess tho, I am gonna read and re-reread LahLahs post.. :lol: Made my day.

Am thankful you care enough to post a comment, giving me a hand to better myself..it is the sameness that connects us, and some of us are attracted to different things. I never knew how much I liked to look at ducks, and Scotland Landscapes.. far away places I would never see unless you showed me..even bugs, I liked Lahs surreal night vapor photos..it always is amazing to see what others are doing, and what has attracted their eye, good or bad.. Back to the drawing board for me!

Ya wanna see some flowers? I still have those Rose Parade ones in here somewhere....

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:26 pm 

Sure Patti! Bring them on.
But please post your flowers at the appropriate section in this forum :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:17 pm 
Hi Patti,

Love the earthy colours in the photo, neat one. It's a really interesting shot, I'm a country fan at heart and have a fab pair of boots :D

Cheers Ormina