Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:52 pm 
i went out with some friends to karaoke to celebrate a birthday and had a lot of good photos, my favorite of the night resulted from when (because its batteries were low) the flash failed to fire and...to me anyways...emphasizes the atmosphere that comes about when spirits and my friends are together, now it might be hard to tell because the image is so small but all of the other pictures where the flash didnt fire the subject are far too blurred or underexposed, yet in this shot the blur is as i said earlier complementary...or at least thats my two cents if anyone else has something comments are always appreciated thanks...ps i love run-on sentences!

Last edited by SGT_pictureguy on Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:08 am 
Hahaha...so much for one's carefully and artistically formulated plans for shooting..and then the best shot of the night is an accident. I've had similar lessons in humility along those lines. While I try my hardest to forget them, I vividly remember one occasion where some random person - who admitted to have never handled a "serious" camera (I.e. anything heavier than a compact) asked to try and handle mine and take a few random shots, just to "feel" it..and of course those 2-3 shots were killer!

But it is the result that counts and in your case - albeit a little small - it seems that a remarkably good picture came out of the whole thing. And at least it was yourself taking the shot, so you get to retain some dignity in your own eyes :-)

It's a really nice picture..good threedimensional composition and a real karaoke-feel to the lighting. Your "models" appears to be very much into it, making it seem as "natural" as I'm sure you experienced it..lol.

...and the good thing about a picture like this, is that it doesn't come with sound..he, he.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:06 pm 

Wadaya mean it didn't come with sound...lol...I can feel the vibration from here..All my best pictures a accidents at this point...

so I will just say rock on.

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:16 am 
Much of the time, people panic when they accidentally take a shot. They then proceed to immediately delete that image(Im guilty of this, =P).

Maybe we could try making the most of the situation and then proceed to see whether the photo is a marvel of abstract art?

Dont blame this group of people, its only human nature after all.

Signed,
SnS

P.S.: My favourite part about the above picture was how the person-on-the-right's emotion was captured. 2 seconds later and this shot might never have been possible. [See? Who says all accidents are bad? :D )