Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:28 am 
i am prepping for a small shoot for some friends that would like some portraits taken on the beach most likely with their dog. I was thinking of using the nikon 50mm 1.4 lens to take these shots to add that depth of field that we all seem to strive for. can anyone make suggestions as to what they should wear, positions to be with each other etc. I am very new to this and would like to make a good first round impression.

Thankyou
Aaron

Nikon D90 with 18-105, monopod and tripod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:45 am 

Why limit yourself to one lens? Brining two at lest would allow for a few styles. For example, that classic footprints in the sand shot - with the couple at the end of the shot holding hands and perhaps kissing (expected, but yet classic)... would be impossible with the 50mm.

A cool shot if there is a lifeguard stand would be the guy up standing in an authoritative pose, and the girl in absolute lust for him. That would be cute.

Once you get a few shots you like, then have some fun. Get them to go in the water, knee deep - jumping, playing, splashing... Her in his shoulders. Playing fetch with the dog.... whatever. This is supposed to be a fun and loving process and the shots will reflect that. Go unexpected.

Anyway, those are my random thoughts of the day. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Nikon D200
SB-600
YN-560 II
YN RF 603 x 4
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8
Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:09 am 
Thanks for the pointers, I appreciate them. I was going to get a nikon 50mm f1.4 lens from borrowlenses.com in order to change things up a bit.