Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:34 am 

Hi,

We are blessed with a baby boy 10 days back. I have following equipment with me :

Camera : Canon 450D with kit lens 18-55
Lens : Canon Kit Lens 18-55
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens

I plan to do my baby photography indoor at my apartment , and i was thinking to rent the lens from one of the shop... here goes their catalog http://old.precision-camera.com/img/doc ... entals.pdf

So here r my questions :

1) i am not 100% sure which lens should i go for ... but these r the
one which i thought of

a) Canon EF 85/1.8
b) Canon EF 50m/1.2 L
c) Canon EF 50m/1.4

Any suggestion among these 3 or do i need to go for some other lens ?

2) Are above 3 lenses (a,b,c) compatible with my 450d ?

3) Do i need to get some reflector ?

4) Also how do i get a black background like the one shown in this pic... do i have to use photoshop or do i have to use a black background cloth ?

Curiously waiting for the reply.

Regards

Learner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:31 am 

how much natural light do you get in you apartment, can you set up a spot near a large window, that is what we did?

We used white or neutral sheets and then chairs to set up an area where we could then position the baby in the natural light with sheets as backdrop. Then later you can also experiment with black cloth or other dark coloured sheets.

I reckon all the lenses you already got would be useful. Have a good practice with the 50 1.8, the narrow dof can be tricky to get right.
Suggest you set its apertutre to 2.8 and go for it.
Click away try different settings and angles with all your lenses, try some with flash some without.

Once you have had a few good shots with the gear you have got, you may want to try something like the 85 1.8, but I wouldn`t rush. An external flash maybe more useful.

Canon Powershot S95, Canon 6D,7D, Canon 40 2.8 STM, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Canon 17-40 L, Canon 15-85, Canon 85 1.8, Sigma 30 1.4, 50mm 1.8, Canon 100 2.8L Macro, Canon 70-300L +Kenko 1.4 Pro 300DGX, Canon 430EX II and RS 4 Classic