Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2 Portraits
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:24 pm 
Here is 2 portraits of my girl. Comments are welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:41 am 

I like the tones. Looks like you boosted contrast and reduced clarity which is flattering, imo.

I'm not keen on the backgrounds though - especially the first one with all the leaves as they all blend into her hair. There's also a leaf poking out of her right shoulder. You could improve this with a wider aperture and a greater distance between your subject and the leaves. Also, the tilt and chopping off of fingers and elbows looks a little uncomfortable to me.

Not many people are good at being photographed though, and I think your subject has the potential to make some great portraits

Panasonic G3: 9-18mm, 14mm, 20mm, 45mm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:26 am 
This is an odd composition and the framin is a bit off. Usually this kind of "new" style is acceptable but I feel that you are close to pulling it off but it just isn't quite right

also. you cut off her right eye too much because her face is turned at an awkward angle. She should have been faced more adjacent to the lens. However, if this is the look you were going for then I apologize but that is all I would have done differently

also, nice work on smoothing the arms but it would have been nice you would have spent a little more time relighting the face to allow it to pop because the eyes are very dull and her smile has double lines on each side which need to be fixed.