Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Dragon Effect
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:25 pm 

Hi i am tring something new it is called the dragon effect (this is my first try ) i was following a utube vid last night that was in spanish
comments are welcome

[url][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28251536@N02/5590919129/]Image[/url]
DSC_3758a by darthkindy, on Flickr[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:20 pm 

I'm not a fan of the over-processed look, but it does accentuate the textures well. Why did you feel this technique benefited this photo?

Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 7D | Canon Digital Rebel XSi | EF 35mm f/1.4L | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | EF 135mm f/2L | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | 580EX II | LumoPro LP-120

My Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:56 am 
Hi darthkindy,

I like the picture...and it would be interesting to see it in BW.

The effect is actually called the Dragan-effect, named after the photographer who made it his "style".

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:47 am 

first i was sufing and i was bored and came across this on utube and it lloke interesting an thought i would try it out nothing ventured nothing gained( the pic is my dad and his beloved pet) it was the only pic i had in my library that the character i could use.
and lol i just realised that it was called the dragan effect after i posted it opps me bad. i think it has its good points and its bad its like hdr i cans see that it has its uses. (need less to say my day off is thursday and i am going charachter hunting and see what i can come up with) and just to let you know the b&w was not much. Dragan effect is just anouther tool in the chest