Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:31 am 
Here's some portraits I took of my friend Lauren.

Let me know what you think about them please.
Lauren by RickrPhoto, on Flickr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:06 am 
First one is lovely, can't fault. She's too central in the second, tighter crop maybe, and she looks a bit uncomfortable in the space. in the third it's the opposite, she's lost to one side with too much empty space. The crop is a bit tight just above her head too.

Lovely model though, try more poses and locations and post up. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:55 pm 
it may not be conventional
but living in LA
I see lots and lots of the same crap

this is deff a very unique color and comp

I really like it

it is rough but it seems you did that pruposely!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:27 pm 
I like the first photo, liked the colors, her expression, the space for the arms, you didn't cut in the articulations and that is great detail, she is very comfortable.

the second photo, i don't like, he is centered, her shoulders are not natural, she seems to much inclined to the camera, and the arms are laid down.
You should ask the model to put the arms on the waist, and create angles, and you could have a shoulder upper that the other. I'm not sure if i can make my self understood.

The third don't like and don't dislike, you should zoomed her or a crop, the right arm is ok (not like the photo above)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:10 am 
first image- it's a well shot image. but she lacks expression.

editing- is way too harsh for my taste- looks trendy.

second image

that line that seperates plant from wall is going through her head- in portraits, try not to let lines through the head as much as possible.

3rd image.

no eye contact and her head was cut off. if you were showing her clothes off, you covered her top with her hair.

crossing the legs are frowned upon in the portrait world as are side profiles.

great exposures nonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 am 
first of all
welcom back palakaboy
where have you been?

and the whole
"looks trendy"

I think its cutting edge and very trendy
which i want to reinforce that I really like!

its fresh and young

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:41 pm 
been super busy. last night i had some time and did some CC. most of my web time is spent on research and blogging.

i'm just not a fan of trends. when something is trendy, they become this thing that gets old.

the thing about trends is that they don't reflect style- trends are temporary while style can become timeless (although sometimes temporary themselves,lol)

why not shoot for modern instead of trendy? modern artworks become classics through time, but aren't so brash. I don't think I would've made that comment had the images been all done in the same way, or all differently. there was no consistency with the editing on all three.