Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:13 pm 
Really exciting times at the moment, my son was born last week. After going to the photrographer today to find out prices I thought I would have a crack myself (about $190AU for 2 8x12 prints and 3 6x4 prints, original files cost $40 per photo).

Please let me know honest opinions, as everyone knows newborn shots have a short window to be done. I will be taking some more later on in the week and looking for ideas. I will be a bit more prepared next time. I will also have a go with my 50mm 1.8 lens.

I have made a couple notes of what I have observed and how I think I can better the shots already. Cut and clean finger nails, don't squash the poor guys ear and wrinkle his forehead. Look where his hands are and face expressions. Be patient. All images have been slightly cropped.

f5 1/125 ISO200
f4.5 1/125 ISO200
f3.5 1/125 ISO200
f3.5 1/60 ISO200
f3.8 1/60 ISO200

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:03 pm 

Hi Watty, Firstly, congratulations on the birth of your baby son. I love the first picture the best with the black background, hes a little cutie. I know it can be very hard trying to get shots of little babies (my new grandson is 6 weeks old and i have yet to get a photo i am pleased with). Its funny too that sometimes we are so busy setting the camera to get the shot that little things like crushed ears etc get overlooked.
I have been trying to get a picture of his small fist but have yet to get a shot. Lighting not right, background wrong,and just when you think you have it they constantly wave there little arms around and fidget its because they want feeding again its can be extremely hard.
:roll: I wish you luck and hope to see some more shots of your baby son.
Sue

sigma 18-200 os lens

All my photos are clickable
my flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27828538@N03/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:57 am 

Congratulations Watty, that phototog sounds like Ned Kelly, price at office works for the same prints is less than $10. I would suggest taking 100's of shots in Raw + Jpeg and process the ones you like. At a later date you can review and edit the rest but you will have captured the memories.

Cheers

Post subject: Updated Photos
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:02 am 
Thanks for the comments

I had a chance to take some more, again only in white, my wife is too buggered to help hold him whilst taking photos. Please let me knopw your thoughts.

Also could people please suggest some alternative shots.

F3.8 1/250 ISO400
F3.5 1/250 ISO400
F3.5 1/250 ISO400
F1.8 1/250 ISO200

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:09 am 
Wow!! Great shots! :D