Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:13 am 
Although I would strongly recommend that you get some more experience before doing a wedding it is not my wedding and if he wants you to do the photos then so be it

I have been shooting photos regularly for about 4-1/2 years now and still have a hard time getting an entire wedding done

remember the post processing takes days in itself (usually weeks)

it is a daunting task to take on but have a great time (:

I would recommend with the t2i because of its poor low light capabilities to either buy a good 50mm 1.4, and 15-85mm 3.5-5.6 with a 430 EX speedlight

honestly people will try to tell you to buy extremely expensive equipment but it is not necessary unless you are being paid well and the client expect superb quality

I used similar equipment to do my first wedding and although the photos are not anything to brag about and I dare bring them back up. It got the job done considering I did it for free just like you will be doing (or for a small amount of money)

make sure your speedlight is functioning perfectly and it is important to have the prime lens for some of the more artistic shots like of the rings, dress, makeup, table setting, dance, and to get a more "dream like" feeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:24 pm 
What about a 50mm 1.8 instead of a 1.4?
The difference is about $250 more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:07 am 
it is deff a need to go for the 1.4

though the 1.8 can get the job done

the build quality is not at the level for the beating it may take at a fast paced wedding

things get banged around...things may even drop

a 50mm 1.8 not only has a lower optical quality but it cannot gather as much light (hardly noticeable) and cannot fall even off a bed onto carpet because it may break and its hard to focus in low light when you have to manually override

investing in a half decent 50mm is a must IMHO for all photographers especially wedding photographers