Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC

What do you think about this picture ?
Great, I want to see more from you ! 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Good picture, I like it 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Not bad, not good 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Poor picture, sorry... 73%  73%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:07 am 
I suppose they can be defined as self portraits as you took them and you feature in them although some are debatable as to whether you're the main subject in them or not which I'd assume is a requirement of a portrait. I quite like them though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:09 am 
pascalriben wrote:
Ooooooops ! I didn't post the good picture, sorry ! :lol:

This is the good one :

See this one I wouldn't describe as a self portrait because in my eyes you're not even close to being the primary subject. Some of the others in the slideshow you linked me to, while they're rather abstract portraits, you are the primary area of focus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:14 am 
pascalriben wrote:
I don't need to be the primary subject

Then I would say it's not a self-portrait. Your shadow is just incidental to the image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:43 pm 
Not a self-portrait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:38 am 

Hi Pascal,

If anything, you have created a great controversy with your style of photography. There are many styles and subjects I don't particular care for, with such controversy I really studied your web site to see if I could find something I was missing and understand your subjects and style.

Disregarding the self portrait or not debate, I found your subjects and style to be extremely boring, without emotion, cold, bleak and lifeless. This may be due to the fact that I live in an environment were we have sun most days of the year and the temperature is around 26c when it rains which does not keep people indoors and living life.

Perhaps you would like to expand your thoughts on your photography and what you are trying to achieve. If it was your intent to promote the feeling I got viewing you shots then I guess you have succeeded.

Have Fun,

Cheers