Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Handymans Workshop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 pm 

please see bigger version:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/430 ... db70_o.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:23 pm 
I like this shot. Typically, both eyes should be lit, but this is a perfect example of an exception.

Also, is he working on a shot-shoe sync cord?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:04 pm 
yup, he cut a 1,5m long sync cable, and attached each ends on to a 5m long cable and it works perfectly!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:53 pm 
I just recently did the same thing...I cut an 2' off-camera ETTL cord (generic version of canon's OC-E3) and extended it to 8'. I hate it. I like the extra length but my cable was too inconsistent. On one day, my flash would fire 95% of the time, which sucked but luckily I was only messing around with it. Then on another day, it would work 30% and I would get so frustrated. Its by no means acceptable and I would quit taking photos entirely on those days. I have already ordered Pocket Wizard's FlexTT5 and MiniTT1. I have the flex and I should receive the mini in a day or so.

Btw, when I looked at this photo, I was at work on my Droid. Now that I'm home on my pc, his right eye doesn't seem as dark. Very nice work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:29 pm 
thanks. it's actually canons original 1.5m cord and then an everyday 5m cable in between so no worries there, fires 100% of the time. but bad copies have been known that can also flash when you focus your camera..