Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:45 pm 
hi folks!

i have a question , any help is greatly apriciated . im a newbie for the world of portrait photography . next saturday hopefully i will get a chance to take some culturefest pics . its going to take place inside the gym, saturday im going to use sb600 with 50mm . i also have 18-105 and 70-300mm both are 4.5-5.6. this is the 1st time im using different flash after filmroll cams i used during my childhood . with the limited resources i have, final setup going to be sb600 mounted on hotshoe with flash point diffuser + 50mm . hope i wont get dissapointed at the end. i just bought 50mm and sb600 . i wont get a chance to use a setup. please enlighten me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:23 pm 
Sorry, but I don't see a question?

As for your setup, it's more than adequate and you should be able to get very impressive results. As always, it's down to the photographer and not the gear :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:55 pm 
hi Pgtips,
i agree, i used to be 100% nature photographer , but now i would love enter to the portrait world . this is the 1st time im going to try it outside . i will be getting 50mm and flash this tuesday . this will be my first prime lens. i hope u understand my panic attack !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:56 pm 
pgtips wrote:
Sorry, but I don't see a question?

As for your setup, it's more than adequate and you should be able to get very impressive results. As always, it's down to the photographer and not the gear :)

BTW. I like your photostream. How you obtained such vibrant colors ? What kind of post processing used?