Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lake Landscapes
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:38 pm 
Along with my jet ski pictures in action photography section i also took some black and white ansel adams type of photography..he has great photos!!.. here are the pics..

Camera: Nikon D80
Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320)
Aperture: f/8
Focal Length: 32 mm

Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture: f/5
Focal Length: 34 mm

I really like these pictures with 1 and 2 probably being my favorites.. i really need a polariser so i can get those darker colors in the sky.. cause even when i switch to black and white i will still get those dark black colors in the sky which i really want and wish i had more of in my photos here.

Tell me what you guys think!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am 
What you cant swim in that lake? What kind of lake is that were there is no swimming allowed?

That first shot is quite nice, how do is it look in color i m very intrested to know, there are reason i tend to do black and white photographs when landscaping and a) i got a overexposed shot and there are some very clear shadows/contrast b) there are no decent colors in the image. And due to the time period of the year i just have to ask!

Thanks for sharing !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:08 pm 
alex168 wrote:
What you cant swim in that lake? What kind of lake is that were there is no swimming allowed?

That first shot is quite nice, how do is it look in color i m very intrested to know, there are reason i tend to do black and white photographs when landscaping and a) i got a overexposed shot and there are some very clear shadows/contrast b) there are no decent colors in the image. And due to the time period of the year i just have to ask!

Thanks for sharing !

I like it better in black and white.. really for it to look good in color i need a polarizer to make the sky real nice.. and no theres just no swimming where the boats are.. like this is where you put the boats in the water so you dont want people running over kids in the water with their boats.. :wink:

But everywhere else you can swim!