Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: A few more HDR 'scapes
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:37 am 
Here's my recent batch from this week. Two taken at Black Rock park in Watertown, CT after a rain storm. One taken earlier this week at New Milford, CT at a scenic over-look by the road.

Hope you folks enjoy! Let me know what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:42 am 

love number one, and number two, and want to see the background more clearly in three...

love the light on the first two, you know my favorite, second only to ducks, is that wonderful light...and you captured it perfectly here...

can't wait to see more!!

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:31 am 
I like em all, i think the third one is really neat what you did there by throwing of the backgrounds looks really nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:44 pm 
Thanks for the compliments ;)

Yeah, I was trying to purposefully highlight that branch at the top left of #3 while throwing the hill in the background out of focus. I felt like this would give it more of an artsy flair I guess, and emphasize the colors of the hill rather than the individual details. It came out OK I think, but probably would have been more successful with a larger aperture. Unfortunately, the lens used wouldn't go below f/4.8 at that focal length.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:24 am 
Love these :)

Is it just me or does the little bit of ground on the first one annoying :) Maybe I'm just obsessive, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:47 am 
I love these shots! Especially the first two. I am new to the DSLR thing (bought my Olympus 510 not long ago) and one issue I'm having with outdoor shots is that my sky often looks pretty washed out... even when there is gorgeous blues in the sky, they come out pale. I have tried underexposing the shot but then the foreground is too dark. Am I just choosing badly-lit moments?! Would love any advice on this. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for it but I saw these shots and loved the colors - foreground and sky! Nice work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:34 pm 
well that's what's HDR for! the human eye can "see" 8 stops while a camera senzor can "see" just 3-5 stops. so you take 3 differently exposed shots and merge them (that way you'll have details in highlights and shadows as well).

Cheers