Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Easy walk HDR
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:40 pm 
Here is another HDR. What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:10 pm 

I think it's a good photo but it doesn't immediately jump out as being HDR, maybe that's you intention. It looks to me as if this could have been done equally well with just one exposure. Still a good photo though. Kudos.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:55 pm 
I like this photo very much. The contrast and colors are very good. The stone path leading uphill is dragging my eyes into the scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:22 am 
This a beautiful photo Mast3rChi3f, thanks for posting.
Good job on the merge. (I'm not a big fan of the halo'd "hdr" look, although some bloom can be creative.) When I think HDR I think of well adjusted shadow light and nothing blown out. More like the way our eyes perceive light. It is almost a corrective measure when the situation can be out of control. Please let us know where this photo was taken!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:51 am 

To my eye, this photo just jumps off the page, immediatly attracted to the blueness of the sky, and the colors of the stones in the path..then the angles, the repeating patterns, and the awesomeness of knowing someone did this all by hand, set these stones to fit..
the path being so long, and strong, turning the curve, means you get the chance for a surprise...this is one of those photos that make you ponder...beautifully shot..and tweaked to perfection...

thank you Mast3rchi3f

patti