Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: coastal beauty
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:19 am 

This is another area where we gather cattle...it is close to the ocean. I was riding behind my friend, when we came across this vista..we had lunch packed on the little black horse, and were headed to that shaded tree area to set lunch..for the folks who helped gather the cattle..
for calmac....a day in my life...for the record, this is the favorite photo I have ever taken...I like to call it "follow your dreams"...This is the land of the Vaqueros. This land was once part of the Santa Barbara mission area, and the ranch now bestows it's bounty in the form of lemon and avocado orchards, in addition to the cattle..there are about 8000 acres, left to the original family, the rest is in conservency to the City of Santa Barbara.. I hope that you follow your dreams too, and post them here for me...what is it you want? What are your dreams, and desires...what photos do you have that describe you?

I would welcome you to the mighty Aliso Ranch, flanked on the right, by the old Camarillo land...in the 1800's, these two ranches were famous for fine horses, fine cattle, and fine women...the daughters were as able as the sons with horses.. the legend is that daughters were the backbone, the strength of the family, solid women, with solid dreams, and a passion for life, and love...and some of the photos from the past prove that their beauty would have stood the test of time today...
classic and gorgeous, they peer from their tintype images...we can only guess the presence they had in real life...as they reach to us from the past.
And here I am. Privleged because of my passion for the traditions, camera along, tho only a point and shoot...Riding along the same trails, enjoying the same vistas, and loving the land.
This photo was taken along the lush coastal mountains, the ocean stretches between Ventura and Santa Barbara, California, these are the hills that you see in my sailboat picture, for On Assignment (march?)...this spot is about 3 miles from the ocean..

patti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSybxM3yRH4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:23 am 
The land of the jeans you say! I think looks like quite the nice area, and i with the tunes playing in the back and reading and trying to picture this is alot of fun!

Patti i want to se your photos on a bigger version, they seem great like this but i wanna see them bigger!

My dreams? Well i just want to live a happy life and make sure everyone around me stays well.

I think its great that people leave the "story" behind the photo, because its just adds a bit more to it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:57 am 
That's a great landscape and a wonderful photo - completed, of course, by the horses and the rider, trekking off into the wilderness...

Magnificent!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:34 am 
The place in the photo looks to be untouched, no concrete roads or steel structures ( thats surely worth a lot these day's). The whole scene looks very peacefull and breathtaking.

My dream is to be happy with having less than i have today....to be happy with the only things in life that really matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:48 am 
Great photo Patti!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:44 pm 
Hi patti,

that's a real stunner of an image there! The background your provide for it really enhances the viewing experience.

Good composition, colors and clarity. Magnificent.

I'd love to see your images a little larger - especially such detail-rich landscapes. Photobucket allows you endless free 1024X768 images.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:19 pm 
What a beautiful shot Patti, greatly enhanced by the informative narration.

It's nice to get a little story from time to time. Makes you almost live the picture.

Cheers Ormina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:13 am 

H. Peters, I know just what you mean, the older I get the less I need, and the happier I am, wonder what THAT is about...lol..got my ponies, my garden, a great camera...what else is there? This is the last threshold of land, free from developers, and it is where I go to "soothe my soul".. I appreciate dirt...lol...not cement.. Lah, I will look into that photobucket deal, I am not sure HOW to make them bigger, but I a thrilled that you like this one...I do too..as always your valued opinion carries alot of weight with me. Alex, this is the land of jeans...I think everywhere on the face of the earth, we are a "jeans planet"! Only these jeans are working jeans...not designer jeans...lol..
Will look and see what else I can find in this horse file...lol..

love,
p.

Last edited by patti on Tue May 20, 2008 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:35 am 
patti wrote:
I am not sure HOW to make them bigger

On flickr you can click on the all sizes button above your photo and then you can choose between small medium and large and copy that code.