Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:04 pm 
Well i went for one of the longest bike rides ever,the weather was just great and i though i'd go for a nice long ride. I ended up in natural reserve. And in this natural reserve there was a "pill" or a water tank which i climbed up on, rusty thing, when i was half way up on the thing i heard "Crack" and i almost fell...that made me think of "to what extent we push ourself to get certain photographs" with no cell phone nothing. Just my bike my camera and myself!

So i decided to go for the biggest panorama photo i taken so far! I wish i could some how have recorded it with my eyes the scene was just stunning!

Imagine, having the sun in your back/right side and just looking over this field. To the right you have the "inland" right in front you see some farms a bit of houses. and then moving left you have the Öresunds bridge. And more left you have some windmills and Denmark!! This photo doesn't cut it really. But it was a special moment for me and i try to share it some how!

EDIT:

view full size:
http://www.divshare.com/image/4456002-313

to download:
http://www.divshare.com/i/4456002-313

Last edited by alex168 on Fri May 09, 2008 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:04 am 
You can get an account (free) in divshare.com

They let you upload any file with a max of 200mb each (images, files, songs... wathever!)

They dont delete your files, even if now one downloads them or yur account its not accesed.

Cant wait to see it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:20 am 
Allright i will do that! Thanks alot for the link it has been added to my first post!

Enjoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:13 am 
Argh! Divshare blocks viewers from SE Asia. :evil:

Used a proxy though so I could see it just fine. :) How many frames did you use Alex?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:16 am 
I had to check wasn't really sure, 11 frames total.

How come they block stuff like that? Bummer...but the proxy will solve that..

i have a picture of my "shadow" as i was sitting on top of the water tower

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:00 am 
i can host it for you on a temporary basis...............like

Daz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:03 am 
urdygurdy wrote:
i can host it for you on a temporary basis...............like

Daz

Thanks, but as you can see i got it all worked up already :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:45 pm 
Divshare has the advantage of hosting big files for unlimited time, it does have some mistakes as popups and ads, but still works :D

The photo is really awesome, maybe the biggest panorama ive seen :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:14 pm 
Divshare says: Sorry, this account has not been confirmed.

I am right into panoramic photography, so am particularly looking forward to seeing your panorama!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:19 pm 
raymo wrote:
Divshare says: Sorry, this account has not been confirmed.

I am right into panoramic photography, so am particularly looking forward to seeing your panorama!

Fixed it, you can now view it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:28 pm 
Ok, it's coming down now... but at 8kB/s, it's going to take ten minutes :shock: hehe

Edit: 18 minutes at 12kB/s. That site is slow for free users.

Yeah the photo probably doesn't do the scene justice, particularly because things are so far away and flat. If it were possible to shoot it from very high up, it might solve that problem. But things may just be too far away for them to come up at any level of detail, esp. with the flat perspective.

What's your camera and lens?

It looks quite blurry. Is that the way your photos generally look or was it introduced by the panorama software?

What's your panorama software?
I've only used Panorama Factory and Photoshop. Both of these should do the joins better without needing to do anything manually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:07 am 
Alex, good to see you trying out panoramics. It's well stitched, but the scene is lacking that special factor; it's just rather flat. Having a horizon across the middle compounds this issue (it also needs straightening). The pool of water as a focal point is a stroke of genius in an otherwise plain photo.

EDIT: having properly viewed the large version and not the thumbnail, I agree that the stitching could be far better.

Last edited by Photoj on Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:37 am 
Its a rather flat pano indeed, not alot of mountains over here! More of a photo of a special moment for me then anything other!

I was wondering, when working with panoramas, its quite hard to have a great focal point so to speak across the entire image, and most of the panoramas i have seen often contain mountains, city landscapes, and how would one go about shooting a proper pano. Whats that special something to look for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:47 am 
alex168 wrote:
I was wondering, when working with panoramas, its quite hard to have a great focal point so to speak across the entire image, and most of the panoramas i have seen often contain mountains, city landscapes, and how would one go about shooting a proper pano. Whats that special something to look for?

An interesting horizon...

EDIT: though not a landscape, this illustrates the point (I think you've seen this one before).

It was deliberately taken at the widest setting on the 10-20 Sigma to create the distorted "horizon".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:32 pm 
Thats a very nice pano indeed, and i seen it before :)

Great shot