Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:33 am 
or not.............??

nothing fancy here really these are more or less straight out of camera apart from resizing and sharpening, but i feel there really OTT on colour, they were taken n Landscape mode on the 40d.

what you think??

Daz

Last edited by urdygurdy on Wed May 07, 2008 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:50 am 
The only thing that is tad over saturated is the sky, but that is no biggie its "believable" so to speak :)

My fav has to be the 1st one, for the fact that isnt landscape that i see often, the mountains, where was that shot? You should go back and get some shots at sunset/rise!

Good stuff :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:56 am 
They look quite nice if you ask me. I don't think they are over the top at all, "believable" like Alex puts it.

The vignette on the last one looks a bit harsh though. Was there something in the way of the shot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:44 am 
Cheers for ya comments folks

the vignette is actually a bad cheap lens hood getting in the way from ebay to be honest, i fink i will have to plunge for a proper canon lens hood.

the mountains are along a very high rural and narrow mountain road from Macynlleth - Llanidloes here in mid wales uk the scenery is stunning and it was very nice a clear and sunny, however the wind was terrible, i could only just stand up, so i only got a few pic unfortunately

Daz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:05 am 
urdygurdy wrote:
Cheers for ya comments folks

the vignette is actually a bad cheap lens hood getting in the way from ebay to be honest, i fink i will have to plunge for a proper canon lens hood.

Why don't you grab some sand paper and sand it down a bit? that should help with the vignette at the lower focal lengths would that not help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:10 am 
maybe, how ever as its a tulip hood, maybe just rotating it around a little may avoid it, i will have to have a look.

Daz :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:54 pm 
I like the second one the most, the location of that giant cloud really adds to the photo, at least for me. The Saturation is fine, it's still well in the range of reality.

You should try taking the third photo at sun set just to have a somewhat eerie feeling with the church and the graves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:41 am 

I think the saturation is fine, but I often ask myself the same thing. Since you have the comparison of the originals you might think "over the top" because the difference is so great while the picture is actually OK in terms of saturation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:05 am 

Hi Darren,

If you have the originals in RAW (CR2) format you can open them in Canon's DPP program and see the effects of different white balance settings by using the Tool Palette. Maybe you would be happier somewhere other than Landscape?

Bob.

Astrophotography: TEC 140 'scope, FLI ML16803 camera, ASA DDM60 Pro mount.