Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:47 pm 
Another panorama (this time during the day). This one is from the Eildon Hills in the Scottish Borders and is a full 360 degree panorama. Unfortunately, the horizon isn't quite straight and at least one of the joins is clearly visible in full view because the sun went behind a cloud :evil: . What do you think?

(Click on the image for a larger view)

p.s. does anyone know how I can make those "Virtual Reality" panorama things you see on the internet where you drag the cursor to move around, preferably with free software. If you don't know what I mean, there are examples here: http://www.panoramas.dk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:33 am 
Well done! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:02 am 

That is very cool, how did you do it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:22 am 
It's great Calmac, I love these kinds of shots. I used to take a lot more of them as my old Olympus compact has a Panorama setting which then allowed me to easily stitch the images in the accompanying Camedia software. I've only recently realised that I don't need this, and can just use Photoshop instead. More likely, I'll just crop a section out of a wider, larger picture - the good thing about shooting at 10mp. Won't give me 360 degrees like yours though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:33 am 
Great shot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:11 am 
THATS STUNNIG! amazing pano man, considering the lighting condtions that pano had to be taken really fast right?

man i gotta try this hahah and pull it of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:38 pm 
How many shots did you take to make this???

Very well done.

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:02 pm 
The panorama was stitched from 14 portrait photos.

14mm (28mm equiv.)
F/11
1/80 sec
ISO 100

I'll probably give it another go sometime because I'm not quite happy with how it turned out (horizon not straight etc.) and it's not far from my house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:20 pm 
Nice pano.

The countryside is quite similar to where I live (country Victoria, Australia).

You should look at Photoshop's (CS2+) shadow highlight filter. It can bring your shadows up a lot without clipping your highlights.

I will post some of my panoramas when time permits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:55 pm 
Thats a great pano. There is so much detail in the full view - can't wait to see what you come up with when you re shoot it :D