Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: WATER!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:41 pm 

1st time shooting a water fall as such.

ive just done exactly what i read in a mag. minus the tripod. didnt have it with me so i lay down and got wet instead.

can you tell me is ive done it right ????

[url][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshparkerphotos/10562996756/]Image[/url]
Wet rocks by JParkerD3200, on Flickr[/url]

Nikkon D3200
Nikkon 35mm af-s 1.8G
Sigma 70-300mm DG
Nikkon 18-55mm 3.5-5.G

JPD3200

Post subject: Re: WATER!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:08 am 

Hi JG, it’s a great soothing image with good colour, for me it looks like nothing is in focus due to the 1/16 shutter speed and camera shake. The distance of the shot I think would need f22 max and the focus point on 1/3 of the distance into the shot. Looking at some of your Flickr shots, to me they also have camera shake.

Below is Gordon's link to better depth of field.

http://www.dslrtips.com/workshops/How_t ... ield.shtml

I understand you need slow shutter to get the milky (dreamy) water effect but a bit of practice in the street should give you some results of the slowest speed you can shoot handheld.

I pulled the below from the web.

Holding your camera must be firm enough to support it in the most comfortable position, but must not be so tight that you are straining your muscles. When you strain your muscles, they start to shake. The result is that your camera will shake and this makes aiming more and more difficult.

Breathing control. As you breathe, the sight will naturally move up and down the target with your body. The trick is to take a couple of good breaths to relax and to steady your heartbeat. When you are ready to pull the trigger, take a deep breath, exhale half way and then hold the breath. Now you can gently squeeze the trigger. Be careful that you don’t hold your breath for too long, or your vision will start to blur and you’ll have to start all over again.

Have Fun and keep shooting.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:40 pm 

Thanks for posting the picture and asking for feedback. I would have been on the ground like you if I couldn't find a rock to steady my camera on. I am also learning so the comments on yours will hopefully help me also. Keep on shooting! It looks like you've got some great places to capture.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:31 am 

That's really amazing! For a professional photographer it is best to recognize their talent in their concerned sector such as; wildlife photography, nature photography and other sections. I completely appreciate the photo it shows how much effort you put there to capture this image.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:03 pm 

@jgcparker46, Awesome Work 9 out of 10 8)