Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Northern Wisconsin, USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 am 

Here are some favorite pictures from last summer. All taken with a Canon Powershot SX150 IS. In Wisconsin, near Upper Michigan border:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 pm 

Nice reflections you captured, I can’t figure out what #1 is?

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:33 am 

Hi 4xxxx,
The raft is one we use for when we are swimming. The kids jump off of it into the deeper water, or lay on it to dry off in the sun. It's also a good spot for fishing. The water was still that morning, and the sky is reflected on the water. The front right corner shows through the water to the sand, and then blends from reality to the reflection. I really like that picture, and how it blends from the one to the other. To me, it looks like the raft is floating in the clouds; and when you are laying on it with your eyes closed, gently rocking on the water, it kind of feels like you could be...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:19 pm 

Some nice shots. To take these up a level do you do any post processing in photoshop or similar application? If not then you should as you are capturing some nice scenes that warrant some finer touches.

For example a quick tip when shooting water is to level up the photo so that the waterline is level. This removes the effect that the lake is draining to one side and balances the lake. :D

You can then also enhance features that draw the eye, such as reflections, trees or the sky. Little touches can turn your good photos in to great photos. :D

The trick however is to spend more time behind the camera than behind the Pc !

Have fun and don't be afraid to post photos or ask questions.

Here is a post of mine with some good examples of levelling up, tight cropping to enhance the landscape and some touching up to enhance the clarity of the shot.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30826

Keep shooting and keep posting you have a good eye for a shot!

Got some of the gear but really still no idea...:)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:13 am 

Nice shots! I have to admit, you did get the best out of that camera, good job :D