Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: a few autumn pics
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:23 pm 
thought id share these autumn pics,
first one is from the local duck pond,and the second one of the autumn path is from a local nature reserve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:12 pm 

I like the colors a lot in your first shot. I'd bump the saturation up slightly to exaggerate it that much more. Personally, I'd crop it tighter on the top and bottom. The sky is uninteresting, just keep enough in to indicate what the day is like, and then cut the rest out. Unless of course, your constraining to cut printing prices down. I like to crop with no aspect raito in mind. If I go to print, I'll revisit the photo and decide weather I want to buy an expensive frame - depends on if the picture is worth it.

The second shot is great. I really like it. Well balanced. No criticism on my part here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:34 pm 
Thanks Trevor for taking the time to look and comment,
i have took your advice onboard and added a bit of saturation and recropped i may of kept a bit to much sky in im not sure,

Thanks again for advice Trevor its very much appreciated as im just broadening my photography i usually just stick to birds but theres to many nice sceneries to pass up

Thanks Murray :) Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:01 pm 

Great! That's how I would have done it :)