Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: sunset duck
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:10 am 
Yeeeeeha all
I tried something new... let me know what you think (you don't have to)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:55 am 
Hi lowliferider,

that is a lovely tranquil scene captured in a more square format. A strong emphasis on the blues and the orange hue to the sunlight gives that almost dusk feeling.

Nice!

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:17 am 
@ Lahlahsr Coming from you means a great deal to me. Thank you

I still feel the water being too chromatic at the bottom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:09 am 
Hi Lowliferider,

My pleasure! Most people - me included - make their edits on the full-size version of the image. Then they resize.

If we were strictly taking and editing images for online viewing, we'd resize first, then do the edits.

In my own images, I have seen how this approach sometimes doesn't offer the best possible results for posted pictures. Textures can sometimes look odd, color gradations lose some of their subtlety and appears too "banded" and sharpening and mid-tone contrasts sometimes comes across a little too "harsh" as if the images has been over sharpened.

On my monitor with my eyes, if the the water at the bottom looks a little too "nervous" or too "busy" (I'm searching for the words here as you can tell..lol), I imagine that it has something to do with the image (probably) not specifically edited for sub 1MP size showing.

To really appreciate an image, a large-ish print is required (in my opinion). Some aspects of images that looks a little too something, may well turn out very well in a good-sized print from a file that hasn't been re-sized for online viewing after the edits are complete.

If the bottom looks a little too "chromatic", I think it may have to do with that. But I could be wrong.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:37 am 
Yup, I agree, but sometimes I'll reprocess the RAW file, or I'll crop the image thn the editing or vers versa...
I got to da always an extra thing, make sure the kids didn't play on the imac (they like to change the colours) I don't know why they just do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:27 am 

Agree with LahLahSr, great shot! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:27 pm 
Thank you fellow canadians for the comments.
It's an all Canadian post, vancouver, Toronto, Qwabec (Laurentians) :lol:
I guess Canadians have great taste in photography...

I cannot wait for the forest to explode with the autumn colours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:51 pm 

Well I'm going to butt in on this Canadian "love-in" then!

Great shot, lowliferider. Framing and composition are spot on and it's well exposed. Great cloud formations and light.

I'm jealous of you, in fact! Humidity fog just ain't the same ( 38 degrees c and 97% humidity this morning! :( :( :( )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:07 pm 
I dare you butt in here... with your warmth and humidity ... it's 7 degrees here this morning and very humid. Ok it's not an all Canadian post, but a commonwealth. Whooo I just got an idea

Thank you for the comment...