Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Photography in the COLD!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:58 pm 
Im going to Seoul, Korea for a photography trip. The entire purpose of my trip is photography. It will be 32 to 0 degrees farenheit the entire time im there. I need to get a GREAT pair of warm gloves that will still allow me to change settings on my camera. Anyone have any suggestions. I dont want anything bulky, something thin and WARM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:12 pm 
When my grandfather when to the south pole last year, he was faced with the same issue, what he did to solve this problem was that he got or bough a nice WARM pair of gloves and just cut small holes in the finger tips, on the inside of the glove so he could flip the tip of the glove over the small sticking out part of the finger and handle the camera buttons..

Worked for him over there, that should work for you as well.

And once he was done he just flipped the tip back over again, thus not exposing his whole hand to the cold, merely his finger tips

And this was the south pole not Korea, so that should def work for u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:58 pm 
Lowpro made these gloves. Don't know if they're thick enough, but at least it lets you control the camera :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:38 am 

A good pair of gloves or mittens over these and just slide hand out with liner still on and Bob's your uncle....
They fit like surgical gloves, but won't keep you warm, stand alone, for long, but, long enough.

http://www.simplypiste.com/ProductDetails.aspx?StockID=55042

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:33 am 
soccerboy08 wrote:
Im going to Seoul, Korea for a photography trip. The entire purpose of my trip is photography. It will be 32 to 0 degrees farenheit the entire time im there. I need to get a GREAT pair of warm gloves that will still allow me to change settings on my camera. Anyone have any suggestions. I dont want anything bulky, something thin and WARM.

Don't forget your feet, face and ears. There can be bitterly cold winds in Dec. Jan & Feb. As stated by another poster wear two layers. A thin (silk preferably) glove inside a warmer glove or mitten. Also, keep a spare battery in your pocket to keep warm as batteries fade quickly in very cold weather.

Known as "The land of the morning calm" I was there in '52/'53, loved the country and it's people. Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:23 pm 
you can get gloves that have the foldaway end on them to make them fingerles. you can fold the end of them back when your taking shots and then put it back down when your not.