Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Goose Bay Labrador
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:43 pm 
Older pic I took with my beat up Sony DSC-150 (great camera for hanging around your neck on a motorcycle) this was after it got so much sand in it I thought it had died, but I revived it.....

taken on the Trans-Labrador Highway, the only road that goes to Goose Bay (google it)

At some points you are hundreds of miles from the nearest ANYTHING. You can literally eat lunch in the middle of the road..

kind of just goes on and on and on...

this "used to be" a town....it's strange....pavement when you are hundreds of miles from the nearest "other" town

kind of like an oasis in the middle of the woods....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:07 pm 

I love the first and second photo Randall, nice work. Must be a boring road to drive on all the way! However... there's probably not a whole lot of policemen there, so speeding is possible... :D

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:11 pm 
Bjorn van Sinttruije wrote:
I love the first and second photo Randall, nice work. Must be a boring road to drive on all the way! However... there's probably not a whole lot of policemen there, so speeding is possible... :D

- Bjorn -

see, that's the not boring part...

I also thought it would be boring and that we could do 80mph the whole way...until you think "if I crash at this point and break a limb, it will be about 8 hours before I get medical attention" ....that makes it "exciting"...and you keep the speed down to 60!!!

we came across another group of motorcyclist, same kind of bikes, guy crashed rather close to Goose Bay and total time from crash to hospital was 7, almost 8 hours with a broken femur and collar bone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:13 pm 

RPMcMurphy wrote:
we came across another group of motorcyclist, same kind of bikes, guy crashed rather close to Goose Bay and total time from crash to hospital was 7, almost 8 hours with a broken femur and collar bone!

Ouch, poor motorcyclist. Not that I have a car yet, but I'd be driving down the road (instead of riding a motorcycle), so the danger of an injury is smaller.

- Bjorn -

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:44 am 

whooohoooo! Now that looks fun...I love the first photo, too...am gonna go google it...

great work!

patti