Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:05 pm 
Hi Everyone,

I am going to travel to europe in the mid of august, for only 2 weeks.This is my firs Europe travel.

I had really tied schedule, one day at Antwerp, Brugge, Amsterdam, Prague, two days at Athens and 3 days at Santorini.

I would like your advice on what places you guys think is the most interesting part in those cities to photograph? is there anything i should be careful about, and the local ethics about taking photograph?

About the camera accessories, i bring my olympus e-410 with 14-42 f3.5-5.6 and 40-150 f4-5.6 in addition i also want to buy gorilapod, but I'm not sure about it. do anyone have experience with it? is it better if i bring tripod or monopod instead?

Thanks so much in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:48 pm 

Hi there. Of your list I've only visited Amsterdam and Brugges. Amsterdam is gorgeous with great canal views. Brugges is gorgeous with - can you guess? - great canal views. I personally prefer Brugges as it's smaller and I think friendlier. Of course Amsterdam has it's highlights too, most of which I feel I can't go into here 8) Amsterdam is by far the 'edgier' city.

As far as etiquette is concerned I wouldn't worry too much. Most people in large cities are pretty used to tourists with cameras and will not really even notice you.

I've always fancied Prague, such a beautiful city. I'm sure you'll enjoy the whole trip. Incidentally, where are you coming from?

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:53 pm 
I have been to Amsterdam and Prague but not to the other places.

Prague is really nice and so is Amsterdam, you will find alot of nice places to take pictures of. If your lucky and you wake up early the famous bridge in Prague will get foggy in the early mornings (so i have heard) and you can get quite the spooky shot there, but that just what i read.

Now i got some general "travel photography tips" on my blog that you can check out links below

Photographing People While Traveling

10 Quick tips about travel photography

What lens to bring on your vacation trip

Hope that helps you