Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:02 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Recent South Korea Trip
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:36 pm 
I went to Seoul, South Korea this past Winter Break and here are some of the photos I took there.

I have more, if you want to see them, let me know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:54 pm 
Even tho i think the #2 is a sad sight, i still like the picture. Its a good capture.

#2 and #3 are my favourites, and they complement eachother nicelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:37 pm 
What makes you sad about that photo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:47 pm 
Not the photo by itself.
The capture is very good

That kind of surroundings just make me think of "commercial stress" (or whatever i might call it).

Thats why i think that #2 and #3 complement eachother.
#2 for hectic commersialism
#3 for a moment of peace and calm.

Didnt ment it to be negative citisism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:20 am 
Fascinating series of pics!! I especially like 2 & 3. The shot at the canal looks very..hmmm..inviting somehow. Lot's of people enjoying a more relaxed setting in what otherwise appears to be a very busy and loud city with very little personal space.

Being in Canada, I might be spoiled when it comes to that of course..lol.

Very nice and I for one would like to see more!

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:44 am 
I'd just like to echo a little of what's already been said. #2 is especially good - the composition and exposure is just right. If the black spot (I assume it's a head) is cropped out, it's good enough that you could find it in a guidebook.

I do tend to make a fair number of negative comments on this forum, and I don't mean to offend: I don't like #3, technically and composition wise. The composition could be better (it could be straightened, getting closer to the subject, use the bend in the canal to lead you into the frame, shoot lower than eye level, to name just some), and it's far too over-exposed. Because of this, I don't see a mood in the photo.

Not much has been said about the other photos, but those are solid captures with room to improve.

Did you happen to get any shots of the flea markets in Dongdaemun? I recall several missed opportunities for photography there when I made a cardinal error of not travelling with my camera for a weekend there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:38 am 
It was really cold that night, and didn't have patience to stay for long :)

I did visit the flea market, but unfortunately did not bring my camera. I was born in Seoul, and go there quite often, but this was the first time I had a SLR camera to take some nice shots

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

Love number 2!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:14 pm 
What an interesting set of photo's. Number two is wuite a jigsaw of colours, I really like it.

Cheers Ormina