Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A FEW HDR'S
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:37 pm 

Hi everyone this are a few HDR's i did from photos of my previous topics please comment and every piece of advice in how to improve them are welcome Thanks

1.- San Diego de la Union Guadalupe's Church

2.-Old passenger train in San Luis Potosi

3.-Entrance at the Science Labyrinth Museum in San Luis Potosi

4.-Garden at the Science Labyrinth Museum in San Luis Potosi

5.-Teatro de la Paz in San Luis Potosi

6.-Teatro de la Paz panorama in San Luis Potosi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:27 am 

When you're after critiques of HDR, it's very similar to asking for critiques of black and white. There is so much control at the photographers fingertips through software that you can go as far as you want. Some people like the oversaturated and overcontrasty look of extreme HDR, others will prefer a more natural look.

Personally, I generally prefer a more natural look except for a few exceptions (vivid HDR works nicely on colourful grafitti in my opinion, for example). If I'm shooting architecture then I might try Exposure Fusion as a form of HDR as this brings out microcontrast, enhancing details further.

I take it these are virtual HDR (i.e. different exposures from single raw files and then processed) or tonemapped from a single image?

That will introduce noise (particularly noticable in the left of image 2) but the positive is that ghosting will not have an effect.

As for the last 2 shots - Holy Saturation, Batman!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:30 am 

p.s.

Is that a mugging taking place, bottom right in number 5, or just a particularly amorous couple :shock: :lol:

Looks like they're still at it in number 6, hiding from the rest of the school party behind the pillar!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:39 am 

I agree with Phil. I find the latter two are oversaturated. The first is more on the edge of natural. 2 is a bit grainy, but I see what you were going for here. The third has some compositional issues. The fourth by far stands out to me as being excellent. I really like this one.

Nikon D200
SB-600
YN-560 II
YN RF 603 x 4
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8
Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:17 pm 

you are right dubaiphil the photos are single RAW files and right again with the amorous couple thanks for your opinion same for trevor i appreciate it ill be trying to improve in the natural look of my HDR'd thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:34 am 

I'm not right, cam83r - just my opinion, and opinions vary greatly on HDR.

Here's a good website for more extreme HDR, with tutorials and link to discounts for software etc.

http://www.stuckincustoms.com/