Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:23 am 

Hi, this is my first field test with my Canon t2i (550D) to a Town in Mexico called Tepotzotlan wich is 40 km north Mexico city.

My buddy Leny1970 (forum member) and I decided to share our pics sets with you all guys, we first entered to the National Museum of Viceroyalty wich is one of the most important cultural sites in Mexico. The major collection of New Spain Colonial Art, or Arte Novohispano, is lodged here. It includes Retablos, or altarpieces, that represent the Mexican Baroque style known as Churrigueresco. This building, constructed with different architectural styles, symbolizes the Colonial period.

Among the National Museum of Viceroyalty collection, we find the Retablo of the Saint Francis Xavier Temple. This altarpiece was designed by the Oaxaca painter Miguel Cabrera, and built by the sculptor Higinio de Chávez, in the 18th Century.

These retablos, cedarwood hand-carved altarpieces, were manufactured with the New Spain techniques. The wood was treated with cola glue, covered with a 23 karat gold-leaf overlay, then polished, and finally painted with oil or tempera. Carpenters, sculptors and painters worked together in their construction.

The church and the former Jesuit College, were built in honor of Saint Francis Xavier, the first missionary, in the 16th century. He belonged to the Society of Jesus, the order known as Jesuits, and devoted his life to Evangelization of the New Spain; he died in Asia.

No flash allowed and tripods so It was quite a challenge for me, but I enjoyed it alot and was a good photographic practice with high ISO settings between the T2i and Leny's D90.
There are lot's of details inside the buildings, It was my first time there and must say that is absolute beautiful although Im not a big fan of Sacro art.

After that, we headed out to eat at the local "mercado" and walked to the plaza to take some shots of the local people, food and candies stalls, and ended with a nice cup of expresso at some sidewalk café. It was a nice saturday afternoon. Well, here is the link to the gallery of the Canon T2i. enjoy!!

P.S
This set is dedicated to Mr Gordon Laing editor Cameralabs for his great reviews tips and techniques.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redzonevisuals/sets/72157624854644058/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:20 am 

Hi Aaron, I like your set as I am into historic building and old world art, beautiful places you visited. Without a tripod in those dark conditions it’s difficult to get the best outcomes possible. For ceiling shots I lay the camera on the floor for long exposures and set to fire on the timer.

I’ll leave it to others for technical comments except I suggest you look at Gordon’s tutorials in using EV setting and practice indoors in low light, this helped me. I could not find any EXIF on Flickr.

http://www.dslrtips.com/workshops/How_t ... tion.shtml

http://www.dslrtips.com/workshops/How_t ... tion.shtml

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:10 am 

Thank you very much for the feedback!