Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:32 pm 

Alex, how could you leave Scotland out of that list?

I would also like to offer my support if you need any advice regarding travel or accommodation in Spain. Scotland too, obviously.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:49 pm 
Wales is another beautiful country which hasn't been mentioned yet. Not quite as beautiful as Scotland, but still beautiful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:57 pm 
zorro wrote:
Alex, how could you leave Scotland out of that list?
Zorro 8)

Well i left it out of the list because i have never been there, ands its quuuuite the side tracking to get to scotland we were going to loose alot of time going there. But it was also because my brother was planning to go to University there so we figured it would leave plenty of time to se Scotland later, but he ended up in Budapest instead

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:44 pm 
İstanbul, TURKEY
That is what i am going to say =) It is not because i am from turkey but istanbul has a great history and awesome for a photographer. You should thing about it.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=istanbul&w=all here some examples for your desicion :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:57 pm 

Istanbul is great, I can attest to that. Cannot find anything similar in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:01 pm 
I have been in Istanbul too.
Indeed it is very beautifull, too bad I was only there for 2-3 days or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:52 am 

Merhaba Street_Parrot,
I would also recomend Ankara. I lived in Adana from 2000 to 2002 and traveled to Ankara every three months for work. My family and I loved Turkey. I would also recomend the costal area. If you are into Christian history, the seven churches of Revelaton are in Turkey.

Canon EF 75-300
Canon Speedlite 430EX Flash
Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod
Manfrotto 804RC2 Head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:53 pm 
Merhaba rogersjt :D
It is good to hear that, because i live in ankara=)
in here all of these photos were taken in ankara by me :D http://www.flickr.com/photos/kutaykosem/
you may check if you like :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:46 pm 
Another vote for Berlin here - I went there a couple of years ago but am dying to go back again and see more of it. I have three framed pics of the famous dome on top of the Reichstag which I love.

Another favourite which hasn't been mentioned much on here is Croatia. I loved Dubrovnik, Split and, most of all, Plitvice Lakes - one of the most beautiful and memorable natural environments I've seen.

Most of the places on my list to visit next are outdoorsy - the Slovenian Alps, the Scottish Highlands and the Italian lakes spring to mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:54 pm 

Hey Alex,
If you are going to focus on cities, you should consider interrailing.
I did this a couple of years ago, and it's a great way to travel around Europe if you're on a budget (which I assume, since you mentioned somewhere you're a student ;)) For a relatively low cost you'll be able to make your way through Europe. Check it out to see if it's something for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:57 pm 

My wife and I did the same back in 1990. Well, she wasn't my wife then. We loved it.

Zorro 8)

Various lenses, SB800 & Manfrotto 190 with 460MG head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:49 pm 

zorro wrote:
My wife and I did the same back in 1990. Well, she wasn't my wife then. We loved it.

Zorro 8)

Yikes! I did this with my girlfriend too and were still together... does this mean I'm gonna have to marry her? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:24 pm 

Street_Parrot,
I loved looking at your pictures of Ankara. Made me homesick to come back. I know I have been in someof those buildings.

Canon EF 75-300
Canon Speedlite 430EX Flash
Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod
Manfrotto 804RC2 Head

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:15 am 
Please please please PLEASE visit the Peak District in Derbyshire!

I cannot stress enough how beautiful it is!
If you love landscape/nature photography, it's the best place for it (in my opinion).
As said before, Scotland, Wales, York and the Lake District are all great places.

As for the rest of Europe, just try your best to go to different locations. Sometimes you'll find absolute gems out of places that are off the beaten track.
Bulgaria was an experience for me. I met some locals who were actually quite keen photographers (They were using old Nikon F4's! - beautiful) and showed me some stunning locations that I wouldn't have else known about.

Keep an open mind.
Speak to locals.
Have fun =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:47 am 
dont know if its already too late for suggesting some destinations, nonetheless id recommend croatia as well.
especially dubrovnik and split, and smaller towns like trogir and the capital too of course - zagreb. you shouldnt miss visiting some islands like hvar, brac or korcula. you wont be disappointed! in fact, croatia has one of the most beautiful costlines in europe, the cleanest sea and much history to tell. :)