Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Night In Rome
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 am 

Rome, a beautiful day and night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:16 am 

Sorry bud, nothing special here.

I'm sure Rome is a lovely city, unfortunately you just didn't capture it this time around.

Equipment:

Nikon D300S + MB-D10 Battery Grip
Nikon AF-S 16-85mm VR 3.5-5.6
Nikon AF-S 35mm 1.8
Sigma APO 70-200 2.8
Nikon Speedlight SB-600
MC-36 Shutter Release

Regards,

Pete Nukho :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:58 pm 

And now perhaps for some slightly more constructive criticism :)

Check your white balance. Some of the colours seem a little off (grass especially). I know it's tricky at night but with a little experimentation I'm sure you can find some better settings.

I like the composition of the first photo, except for the people down the bottom, they're distracting. Other than that I'm a fan of the first shot.

In the second shot, I don't know where to look, and there's a big tree with some ugly fringing obscuring what is probably the most interesting feature in the shot. I would have either concentrated entirely on the tree, or tried to shoot this from another angle where you could dispense with it altogether. There are also some weird lighting aberrations where the long shutter speed has blown out some parts of the photo, most notable that long white strip on the right. Taking several exposures and combining them in post might be your best option in shots like this that have extreme light variations.

I'm sure Rome is beautiful - make sure you keep shooting! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:58 am 

I like the first shot Oleg, not sure if the grass is coloured by the light reflections. In places like that it's difficult not to exclude people/tourist in your shots.

Have you tried some of the churches, they are amazing. I am not religious but I went in every church I passed, even the run down churches on the outside were great inside for architecture/old art phototogs.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:12 pm 

First shot I would have captured the entire building instead of chopping off the top of it. I think the white balance is good because it goes with the color of the lighting on the building.

The second shot, I have to agree with most. The tree just need to be the main point of focus or try to shoot from a different angle. Also you may benefit from using a higher ISO or maybe doing an HDR style pic in order to capture different exposures of the shot and then combining them so you dont get the long strip of light.

The only advice that I can give you coming from me ( A noob ) is keep shooting and mix up the angles because you are bound to get keepers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:55 am 

Such a great city! I'm sure you took many more pictures. I would love to see them!

Northern British Columbia
Salt Lake City, Utah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:19 pm 

I like this city.So great!.
I'm looking forward to see more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:34 am 
Very nice photos, wish i were there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:59 am 

The place is really beautiful and it could really pave way for excellent photography but quite honestly, your composition and the artistry was great though you did not fair so good in execution. If you had the time, you could have played with your camera with; the balance, exposure, and lighting. But still, the place is magnificent and I hope I could visit the place some time.