Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:40 am 
i'll be leaving for liberia, costa rica for my best friends wedding. we have a pretty amazing estate on the beach where the wedding party will be staying. i've never been there so i was seeing if anyone on the travel forum has any experience with the place.

oh yeah, i cant wait to bring my camera and do some damage up there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:02 pm 
Well, as a typical Costa Rican, I have been there dozens of times through my whole life, hehehehe.

First of all, if the estate is on the beach, then you are not really going to Liberia, since there are no beaches there. Liberia is the capital city of the province of Guanacaste, and it is home to the Daniel Oduber International airport. It would be nice know to which beach you are going, so as to give you advice on which places to visit nearby...

Weather in Guanacaste is hot and drier than in the rest of the country. Rain is always a thing to consider. Get tons of mosquito repellent and sun lotion. Try to avoid long exposure to the sun, specially between 11.30 and 15.30, that's the period of time when the UV intesity is the highest.

Guanacaste is a beautiful place, and it is no wonder that many American and European millionaire have chosen the region for their retirement. Paradisiac beaches, hot weather, it is a really beautiful place to visit. As for safety, it is a very safe place to visit but common sense should be observed, specially if you are going to be going around the place with expensive photographic equipment (for example, don't leave a laptop bag on your car).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:25 am 
yeah i wasnt too concerned with the safety issue, i frequent los angeles on the regular for work so it cant be more dangerous than that!

just found out the estate is located on flamingo beach. from just googling it, it looks amazing.

if there is anything around there you would recommend, i'd really appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:30 am 
Flamingo beach is amazing. I think there is a marina there, so maybe you can get a finish trip somewhere.

As for places nearby, you can go to the Las Baulas National Park, Hermosa beach, Panama beach, and you can go to the Golf of Papagayo, which has some of the best beaches on the region, and some of the most luxurious hotels too.

Have fun down there.