Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Espoo Finland
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:36 pm 
I have to go to Finland for work sometimes and the office is next to these 'lakes'. I say lakes but it is actually the sea.

The first couple of shots were taken in early winter. The last three were in summer.

I still have a lot to learn about exposure so was concentrating more on composition.

Comments welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:49 pm 
1st & 2nd Photo are caught up my attention the compositional wise & its atmospheric mood are very interesting, great shot. The rest of the photos are kindly basic & flat unlike the first two photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:39 pm 
Good collection, but in the first photo the top right corner seems to be bit over exposed....

As Adi has said, first two got my attention... BTW did you use any filters for those water shots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:19 pm 
swame_sp wrote:
Good collection, but in the first photo the top right corner seems to be bit over exposed....

As Adi has said, first two got my attention... BTW did you use any filters for those water shots?

No filters - these were all taken with my Canon G10.

Yes the sky is burnt out on the first shot but not sure how to get around that without lots of messing around in Photoshop. I don't like messing with photos with software - it feels like cheating, and anyway I'd rather be out there taking photographs than inside processing them on a computer. Guess that's why I shoot mainly JPEGs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:59 pm 

Nice shots! I like the reflection in the 1st photo. I agree with Swame_sp that the 1st is a bit over exposed in the top right corner.

Victor
Website