Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:10 pm 

Just came back from a short (and well earned if I may say so :lol:) holidays at "Cabo de Gata" in Almería.

The Cabo de Gata is a Spanish National Park that features some impresive views thanks to its semi-desertic climate and almost wild beaches, many of them quite hard to reach since there are no paved roads (or no roads a all) to get to them (may they continue that way and may the protection brought by the National Park status never be removed).

I thought I'd share some of the shots I took with you guys, tell me what you think! :wink:

Personally, I think some of the shots could've benefited from a polarizing filter, but I couldn't get one to my relatively new 18-70mm size on time.

Okay, this first two don't look too wild do they? It's just the view from the apartment I rented with some friends nearby the park. I thought the view was nice to do a few low light shots (all the merit to my trusty Gorillapod!):

Now we begin with the real thing, this first is at a beach called "Playa de los Muertos" (Beach of the Dead), in spite of it ominous name (taken after a dark reputation gained a long time ago because sea currents took there the bodies of many a shipwreck victim) it's an impressive (and quite safe :)) place nowadays. Due to that harsh terrain and the afore mentioned protection, one must walk for about a mile through a harsh path to get to it though, here's the view from above, the effort is quite worth it.

Some views from "Arrecife de las Sirenas" (Reef of the Mermaids) viewpoint, just by the Lighthouse:

From the "Mirador de las Amatistas" (Viewpoint of the Amethysts):

Finally, a few shots at Isleta del Moro (Islet of the Moor), a fishermen's small town with anothe nice viewpoint:

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:15 pm 

Nice pictures :)

Victor
Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:51 pm 

Nice pictures

I really like the second last