Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:36 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:15 am 
a mix of landscape and architecture, figured i'd throw them in here. feedback much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:38 am 
Great shots, Batman! :lol:

I really like the night Seattle skyline shot. Any chance you can give us the specs on that one? Also, the waterfall looks gorgeous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:45 am 
Burun wrote:
Great shots, Batman! :lol:

I really like the night Seattle skyline shot. Any chance you can give us the specs on that one? Also, the waterfall looks gorgeous!

thanks.

if i remember correctly the night skyline was just a 45 second shutter speed. not sure how all else was set as i had it on shutter priority. still kinda new to all the different settings so unless the camera changed anything on its own, then thats all i know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:50 am 
The Batman wrote:
if i remember correctly the night skyline was just a 45 second shutter speed.

On a tripod then, I assume?

Also, you should work on getting your photos a bit brighter. When they're dark, you start to lose a lot of detail in the black...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:54 am 
Burun wrote:
The Batman wrote:
if i remember correctly the night skyline was just a 45 second shutter speed.

On a tripod then, I assume?

Also, you should work on getting your photos a bit brighter. When they're dark, you start to lose a lot of detail in the black...

yes, on a gorilla-pod actually. love that thing.

how would i go about getting the brighter pic? as stated, new to settings, so i tend to only mess with shutter speed or aperture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:03 am 
The Batman wrote:
yes, on a gorilla-pod actually. love that thing.

how would i go about getting the brighter pic? as stated, new to settings, so i tend to only mess with shutter speed or aperture.

I have one of those things, but I'm not sure if mine can hold SLRs... haven't tried that yet. Mostly use it with my Canon SX110 IS.

As for getting brighter photos, you can find lots of great stuff on Gordon's other website, DSLRTips.com.

Here it is:
http://www.dslrtips.com/workshops/How_t ... tion.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:29 am 
Love Snoqualmie!! I loved driving there one summer, and that waterfall is majestic in person. Do they still hold the Twin Peaks fan festival there?
Nice photos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:34 am 
Kona08 wrote:
Love Snoqualmie!! I loved driving there one summer, and that waterfall is majestic in person. Do they still hold the Twin Peaks fan festival there?
Nice photos!

thanks!

i do believe there is still the twin peaks fest every june, but you wouldn't know it by visiting. the only place that seemed to have even heard of twin peaks was the "double r" diner. every other place i asked about was "twin peaks? what?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:30 am 
Great job! I love Seattle, and you've really done a great job capturing it! That skyline is incredible, also the derelict factory. I wonder how one like that would look in B&W. Our GM plant just shut down here (no surprise there) so in about 6 months, it'll be derelict enough to photograph. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:23 am 

I love Seattle too, and would love to spend a weekend just going thru Pikes Market, wandering around..whoohooo...a camera in hand and about 4 blank cards...wonderful..

I am partial to that skyline shot, too...well done...crisp as the air...and also, I lingered looking at that still pond shot...beautiful..

patti

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:30 am 
patti wrote:
and about 4 blank cards...wonderful..

tell my wife that. she thought i was crazy bringing 6 cards with me (a total of 8 GB, which I filled all but about half a GB).

i did go a bit pic happy (I kept about 800 pics, probably took over 1500), but id rather do that than regret not taking enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:12 pm 
Hi Batman

Nice shot! :D

My favourite would be No 2, 10, 11 & 12

Tell me what DSLR are using & which lens you use

On No 2 what aperture value are you using or did you post processing after take Photo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:08 am 
Batman....

Really superb catures....
I liked all of them.

Good work....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:57 am 
Lolita Love Photography wrote:
Hi Batman

Nice shot! :D

My favourite would be No 2, 10, 11 & 12

Tell me what DSLR are using & which lens you use

On No 2 what aperture value are you using or did you post processing after take Photo.

thanks!

no DSLR, i have a panasonic lumix dmc fz18.

as for pic 2, no post production (not on any of the pics actually), i believe camera was set on aperture priority, with aperture at f/8.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:48 am 
the night life in Seattle is awesome 8) Pretty shots batman. :D