Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:43 pm 

A real trek up to the summit of this peak- we stupidly didn't wear shoe spikes to deal with the snow, and could easily have been seriously injured if it wasn't for the kindness of a random Korean lady who gave us her extra pairs!

Anyway, amazing mountain and I'm really pleased with the pictures! Here's four- more on my flickr and blog in the coming couple of days...

Comments and feedback as always appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:19 pm 
What a beautiful country you live in! Those are great shots! My favorite is #2. Thank you for sharing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:09 pm 
Wow..gorgeous place to go trekking stevesayskanpai!

What kind of temperatures did yo have up there?

Lovely shots - thanks for sharing :-)

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:21 pm 
Nice Shot you got there Steve !

Feel that I want to go there have a good sight seeing over there obviously it seems to be very cold out there but I'm cool with it 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:05 am 
Wow, I really like the last one.

If that was taken with the Nikon D40, this really goes out to show that even being an entry-level camera, it's capable of taking amazing shots! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:22 am 

Thanks for the compliments guys! Yeah it was pretty cold, though the real difference came when the sun dropped behind the moutains- then the temperatures really plummeted!

The D40 is very capable- this recent trip has gone some way toward reassuring me that I don't need to invest in the D90 for an upcoming trip, but would be better buying a wide angle, either the Tokina 11-19 or the Sigma 10-20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:33 am 
stevesayskanpai wrote:
The D40 is very capable- this recent trip has gone some way toward reassuring me that I don't need to invest in the D90 for an upcoming trip, but would be better buying a wide angle, either the Tokina 11-19 or the Sigma 10-20.

I hear good things about the Sigma 10-20mm... and yes, you're probably better off investing in good glass first... when you get the feeling that your camera has served its purpose, then it'll be time to switch... but the D40 isn't that old yet to switch.