Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:17 pm 

A small selection of pictures taken during a trip to Cuba last month. Also the first time I really got to work with the A700 ;)

Comments appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:38 am 
Some nice shots there. In some of the shots it looks as though the sun was either right above you or towards the front of you. Shot 5 also looks a bit underexposed. Shot 2 is lacking a focal point, but if you clone out the rock on the right, it would probably make a nice desktop wallpaper.

Glad you're enjoying your DSLR :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:03 pm 
The landscape shots are nicely composed, I also like the statue of the Che (nice sky). Some shots seem underexposed while the sunset would've been better off with lower exposition.

Must have been a wonderful trip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:38 pm 
Che means brother in spanish :P

I must say Cuba is one of those places that i always wanted to go to but never had the chance, i used to have a Spanish teacher that left Cuba when he was younger and he cannot return anymore!

But sometime in the future i will have to go, i have heard that its like being back in the 40s!

Some great images over there, simply great

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:44 pm 
Cubans never give up their citizenship, even if they immigrate or flee to the US or elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:26 pm 

Thanks for the comments and tips! There's a lot to learn for me. ;)

Cuba sure is a special place to visit (been there for 23 days), although the 'system' takes some getting used to. Most of the time, there are limited possibilities to travel alone (unguided). Guides will warn you for danger on streets in most of the cities. However, my experience has been that guides are instructed to let you meet and talk to local people as little as possible. At least not 'solo'. So if you plan to go, don't go blind on guides ;). Cubans are very open and friendly people most of the time and, if you take the courtesy to ask, they don't mind to pose for a picture.

But, as always, it is best not to wave around your expensive camera in the poorer regions of cities, or for instance harbours. :twisted: