Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:10 pm 
Just thought I'd share some odds & ends from a recent wander through London I had the pleasure of recently. I live in Cardiff (Wales), but work in London two-days a week, and every now and then I take my kit along, picking a long route to walk to the office a use. Anyway, this particular morning I started at Westminster, crossed over the Thames, along past the South Bank, up to the Tate Modern, across the Millennium Bridge, past St. Paul's, ending up at west-end of Old Street. It was a great walk!

...and it wasn't taken on the same day, but this is a photo taken, hanging out of the window of the office I ended up at...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:10 am 

Looks like an awesome city to live in if I had to choose one. I really like the first photo. Lighting is great. Good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:19 pm 
Shagrath wrote:
Looks like an awesome city to live in if I had to choose one. I really like the first photo. Lighting is great. Good work.

Thanks! London's great, I lived there for 8 years, but I grew up in a mining village in Wales so the green-ness called me home ;)

Yeh, I love the light in the first image too. For me it feels like a stereotypical London post-card though; I far prefer the fifth image, for example. But I suspect that prejudice is more to do with me having spent a huge chunk of my adult life there, rather than anything else. The city has worn me down...

Anyway, thanks for the comment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:47 pm 
Hi Plumb_Lunatic,

Very nice series you have made. I've been to London about 5 times over the last three decades and it's too big to see all of, but to my eyes you have captured the feel of the place well.

I particularly like the airplane shot - it's a great capture! And the "Memel Court" shot really gives that feel of the narrow streets in some areas - good crisp sharpness and the road leading the eyes.

Nicely done - thanks for sharing!

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:21 am 

Plumb_Lunatic wrote:
Shagrath wrote:

Thanks! London's great, I lived there for 8 years, but I grew up in a mining village in Wales so the green-ness called me home ;)

Yeh, I love the light in the first image too. For me it feels like a stereotypical London post-card though; I far prefer the fifth image, for example. But I suspect that prejudice is more to do with me having spent a huge chunk of my adult life there, rather than anything else. The city has worn me down...

Anyway, thanks for the comment!

I wouldn't worry about that. You're probably just so used to seeing it. From my viewpoint it looks incredible, I really want to visit there someday.